Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M-A Gaffney,

Thanks for the site! That dancing looks the same as when I was last in Belize, but I wasn't aware of the name. Looks like a blast!

M
M
Buiti binafi!

I learned a more traditional punta from Julia Martinez at Black & White. Some younger gyals tend to get a bit more, uh, into it. But it definately is FUN. (not for the rhythmically impaired.)

Mary-Anne

M
M
Originally posted by Axeman:
You start holding an empty Belikin bottle up to your ear to remember what surf sounds like...

You pull all your dive gear out, try it on, and THEN get in the tub...

You stop saying "no problem"...

You go to Home Depot and get white play sand and cover your living room with it...

You go to the golf course, not to play...just to drink beer and flip over the golf cart and/or drive it into your living room which is filled with sand...

You try to plug your car in to recharge it...

Everyone you know tells you your being an A-hole...and there're right.

You no longer look forward to sunsets...

I'm sure I left something out but I'm hopeing you all add your ideas...

When your very eyeballs hurt in their sockets from seeing too much concrete, people and cars vs. the sparkling, magical water. When your ears want to close up and stop hearing because you can't hear the surf. When your feet reject shoes. When you dream about Papi and his grilled lobster. When your very mouth starts watering at the thought of the Conch Fritters at Rasta Pasta on CC. When you wear your bathing suit under your work clothes. When your nose wants to run away from the smells of smog, pollution and fumes of the city life. Geez---why did i leave???? C

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Cause ya had to...not because you wanted to... mad

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
M
M
When it's 20 degrees outside and snowing, your favorite beach song comes on the radio, and you start feeling warm like you are laying on that sandy beach and you can smell the BBQ fish and coconut oil and no one else can.

Or how about when memories of your good times with friends brings tears to your eyes.

OR...when you start forgetting their names because it's been too long. then you KNOW it's time to get back.

Spyder. I hope you are enjoying it. Tell the crew at VH hello, and have a belikin for me.

Mich

When within a week of getting back to work, you are sending in your vacation week to your boss for next year's trip down island!

When you put on Jerry Jeff Walker's CD to sing "Come along to Belize with me"

When you check the beer section at the grocery store each week to see if they are finally importing Beliken yet.

When you're screensaver is the view from your beachfront balcony and you can sit at your desk and just stare at that half the day!

When you check the airfares religiously and constantly bug your friends who work at Delta for any hope that they might fly there!

When you start the countdown to your next trip... 11 months to go.. 10 months to go.. etc! (I'm at 5 months now.., if only I had more vacation time!!)

When you spend time constantly reading and posting on these boards for some news on the island and what is going on with folks!

Andrea in Atlanta
5 months and counting... !!!!!

Andrea in Atlanta
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.