Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#146578 12/29/02 03:02 PM
OP Offline
Hola NAZ,

Yes I too followed the Randy Weaver story through the newspaper and TV, Unfortunately for people like him the laws are set up to the advantage of fearful few in the gov. The media frenzied making it worse since they only take the side of the police/FBI. The USA doesn't provide the freedom it once did. New laws are being signed daily that remove what few freedoms we have left. For example recently Pres. Bush signed laws on public service to be provided by churches, but removed the right for them to pray (go figure that) Basically government is trying to micro-manage our lives. All this brings me to the conclusion that I NEED to escape to Belize for some R&R. There still are a few AWESOME places to live in this world and Belize is one of them.

#146579 12/29/02 03:08 PM
OP Offline
NYgal, You are right they made a movie about this Randy Weaver story... So are you back picking coconuts in APRIL TOO?? I am so jealous! Sounds like quite a few Boarders will be down around Easter time. FUN!!! laugh

#146580 12/29/02 04:29 PM
We are going next month.

I just said Cheri was the coconut ! smile

Your turn will come. Patience is a virtue.

#146581 01/11/03 07:57 PM
NAZ Offline
MEXICANA Y NYGAL,
I have to makethisquick. I have a chicken bus to catch. I am on my way to the bush (not G. Bush), on the Pacific coast. When I come back in two weeks I will fill you in on the White House plot for the new world order.
Thanks for responding.
NAZ

#146582 01/11/03 08:13 PM
Looking forward to your travelogue !
Enjoy to the fullest.

We leave this SNOW in a week, YIPPEE
laugh

#146583 01/13/03 03:15 AM
OP Offline
A "new" World order? I thought it was the old one that BUsh's dad started but couldn't finish cause Clinton took over.... He didn't like it much. THe one world order/economy stuff is bad for all of us! We just don't all know it yet! I am enterested to hear your take on it NAZ....I will be watching for it. :rolleyes:

#146584 01/13/03 10:44 PM
New world order? I`ll have fries with mine please.

#146585 01/14/03 02:04 PM
K
K
First, let me say that as a crusty old trial lawyer of thirty years and counting, I agree that indiviual rights and freedom in general are being eroded daily in the USA. My old grandpa, or some other wise soul, once told me that "You get in life whatever you are willing to tolerate." It sounds simple enough, but it is really profound. It is true with your kids, your marriage, your governnment, or whatever. The lesson is obvious.
If you don't like what you've got, do something to change it. Do a little, or do a lot, but do something.

Bitching about it helps a little, because it makes other people aware. However, bitching about it on a Belizian talk board is not as effective as bitching about it to one of your representatives, or better yet, all of your representatives in government.

The Randy Weaver case is very tragic, but in another way, it is very good for the nation. It shows us how government, unchecked, can do much wrong. The aftermath of resignations, firings, a successful civil trial verdict, etc., also should have been good for the nation, because it clearly demonstrates that one, lone, citizen in the United States can still prevail against the money, power, and might of the entire United States Government. It reaffirms the maxim that we are still a country of laws, and not a country of men. Even though O.J. and Bill (Zipperman) Clinton did their best to pervert our sytem of the rule of law, it still prevails. If you doubt that, just try duplicating the Weaver verdict in almost any other country in the world and see what happens.

Keep the faith, and never surrender anything to tyranny.

#146586 01/14/03 04:29 PM
OP Offline
Beautifully said Kailani! I appologize for prolonging a conversation that could have easily been dropped...but appreciate your words about what needs to happen. THANKS!!

#146587 01/15/03 03:44 AM
K
K
Mexicana--I didn't mean to imply in any way that we shouldn't talk about this or any subject on this forum. It is, after all, a chat board. I certainly don't think you need to apologize to me or anyone else for "chatting" about the subject. I enjoyed your comments and reading about other's points of view.

Rock on!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.