Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Gela, email me.
I'll give you the respiratory therapist's tips and tricks...LOL smile

[email protected]

CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. It is prescribed for people who suffer from Sleep Apnea. In laymans terms...it provides flow to keep the airway open and unobstructed. People who suffer from Sleep Apnea stop breathing many times during the night and can suffer from very low levels of oxygenation due to this. A classic symptom is waking up after a full night of sleep and being extremely tired.

Hi, My wife and myself are respiratory therapists. I don't work in home health, but still many patients bring in thier home units to our hospital. In this part of the USA, {MO} they call them bipap-masks. You are very well informed about positive pressure airways. My question about travelling in Belize with the CPAP-MX, is does your partner utilize a low flow oxygen via a oxygen concentrator, or a e-tank ? Many people needs to bleed in the O2, or medical oxygen to maintain their oxygen saturation. I hope for you, and him it would be easier if you don't need it. Best-Wishes, Mel S....Damn it's cold here it's 6 degrees this morning ! I need a coconut grove and a green reef........

Mel Sinderman
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
See - every one learns something new every day! laugh

Sandshaker - I've emailed you.

I'm waiting for doctors to determine specific equipment requirements and settings. I'm researching all my options and trying to understand all of challenges ahead of me. This will solve only part of the mystery of my health issues, but at least with a little effort, I should begin to feel a bit better anyway.

The one thing that has kept me going is looking forward to my next trip to AC. If I didn't have that, I'm not sure I could have taken what I've been going through. And of course, the support I've received on this message board has made a big difference as well.

105 days to AC and counting! cool

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
O
O
Gela,
I guess if you have a 105 days left, that makes it 107 for me. Thanks for the count and good luck in getting your needs taken care of,so you could enjoy your trip with the rest of us. smile Is that comparable to SIDS?You do nto have to answer, just curious, cuz I never heard of it or anyone having it.
Jackie

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
O Jackie, glad we get to start the count down. Thinking about Belize always lifts my spirits.

Yes, I believe sleep apnea can be equivalent to SIDs in infants. There are different types and severities.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Thanks all...learned something new... laugh

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
O
O
Gela,

Thanks,like Axeman said, you learn something knew everyday.

Hope all goes well!!You are staying at Coconuts, right?

Jackie

SIDS is a phenomenon that takes place with infants, usually 2 years old and under. The cause of SIDS is still debatable, but in very young infants, probably conected to an under-developed respiratory system or some neurological problem.

Sleep apnea is primarily seen in adults but sometimes in children as well. There are different kinds of sleep apnea. This website will give you an overall explanation of sleep apnea and how it is diagnosed and treated.
http://www.sleepapnea.org/

Gela...got your email and will answer today. smile

Mel S....glad I ain't in MO....LOL
Of course we get all your "Snow Birds" down here in Florida...and of course they are all patients right now with the common flu, bronchitis and pneumonia!!! Thanks for the workload buddy!....LOL wink

P.S. It's 26 degrees as we speak....ugh! Got a bonfire going in the fireplace!

Sorry if your getting swamped with pts. with resp. problems down there. We had about 14 schools closed up due to the flu. If there is any sense of justice, or the yin and yang deal going on; the people of the deep south travel to Branson, MO in the summer. We get tons of tourists flew into our health center in Springfield,Mo. MVA's, COPD, Post-MI etc....the combination of the high tech. and central american enviornment is pretty wild. Neb. Tx's, Vents. and Fly-fishing on the flats. Computer syst. and Rice and Beans with stewed gibnut. For me, the changes of latitudes, changes my attitudes, helps me make it more pleasurable. Nice to meet another sputum-Dude ! Mel S...

Mel Sinderman
LOL laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.