Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
We are visiting Placencia the first week of September. We visited SP last year and loved it. I have found some great ideas for food and accomodations in Placencia. We are staying at Kitty's Place and looking forward to food, relaxing, a day of snorkeling, another diving. Does anyone have any top choices of day tours they have done, for example to the jaguar preserve?

Not sure how they do it out of Placencia but if you haven't done a ruins tour yet i recommend the Lamanai trip. I did it out of San Pedro a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. That is a remarkable Mayan facility. eek

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Richard. We visited Lamanai from SP. We really enjoyed it too.

P
P
seachange;
Kitty's is great. Jaguar is good. Xunantunich is a full day but fun, you get to see the country and a stop at the inland Blue Hole.
Cheers,
Dan

We went to monkey river town and up the river to see the howler monkeys. that was a first for us. we saw 4 different troupes. it was a beautiful jungle hike. the boat ride there was nice too.
i do remember hearing that iris wiped out mrt. i don't know what has been rebuilt but the river is still there.

There is a man who lives in Placencia who has a sailboat called "The Looking Glass." I read where he did 1/2 day trips to a Caye for lunch or even an overnight trip to Caye Caulker on his sailboat. I didn't get a chance to get all the way to Placencia this trip, but he's on my list for next time.
I'll post his contact information when I find it again.

Are you speaking of "Japs" from the internet site, the Secret Garden?
If so, he is highly recommended by many.

http://www.secretgardenplacencia.netfirms.com/

Just send off an e-mail smile

That's it NY! Thanks. You're just a wealth of information smile

Thanks Teenah smile

We all give a little... wink

C
C
You can also do a day tour of the ruins of Nim Li Punit and Lubantun. Monkey River Town is still there; it makes for a pleasant, but short walk after the meal that comes with the day trip. I only regret that I did not slip into the local bar to get a quick feel for it.

For snorkling, Ocean Motion near the lower end of the sidewalk is good and a bit less expensive unless you use a credit card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.