Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
SIN, I agree Bush isn't a very good leader, but this is the second time you have called the US a police-state. This is quite hilarious. I am against the erosion of civil liberties that is happening, but c'mon. You use America's shortcomings as justification for Castro, Morales, and Chavez. Their ideas need to stand on their own -- so far they only exist because they have been able to call on the nationalism of the masses. Their policies suck, but that doesn't matter so long as they stick it to America -- brilliant!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
The beginning stages of a police state exist when:

a leader is brought into power through illegal means

a national catastrophe is used as the pretext to begin a war and institute extraordinary restrictions on constitutional liberties

citizen dissent is held to be treasonous

the constitutional separation of powers is abrogated by a power-mad executive branch which controls or intimidates the other two branches of government

(thinking)

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
clover Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The least government is the best government.
This is really sad....but I actually agree with SIN on this one. Bush embarrasses me abroad...his disapproval rating at home is 56%...by the way I think that is the percentage of Americans that can actually read and write. As far as Morales is concerned....who cares!

S
S
UN Secretary General Kofi Annan called on all the Bolivian people Tuesday to support the new government and Legislature and to use the opportunity to work together in favor of progress and stability.
http://www.plenglish.com/Article.asp?ID={D5DB153C-339B-4ACD-93D7-98E0464EFB3E}&language=EN

C
clover Offline OP
OP Offline
C
US congragulates Bolivian election victory
http://www.voanews.com/english/2005-12-20-voa90.cfm

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
mad No clover, my dear that 56% represents those that havent got a f'n clue. Kinda like.....you and SIN! You know those idiots that Leno interviews on the street and the only picture they recognize is....Michael Jackson!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
:rolleyes: right on Corona Steve and remember Louisiana has been run by Dems for over 25 years and its one of the US's biggest shitholes!

The beginning stages of a police state exist when:

a leader is brought into power through illegal means (oh, please -- let's not go there)

a national catastrophe is used as the pretext to begin a war and institute extraordinary restrictions on constitutional liberties (agree on this one -- I see the "1984" scenario playing out if we're not careful -- but we're far from that now)

citizen dissent is held to be treasonous (come on! Just because someone in Washington questions the patriotism of someone else when they dissent, don't believe we're to the point that dissent is truly being quashed -- take a trip to China or Saudi Arabia for heaveb's sake)

the constitutional separation of powers is abrogated by a power-mad executive branch which controls or intimidates the other two branches of government (Republicans can't even use their majority to get THEIR OWN agenda through -- please!)

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
S
S
In a free society, police agencies respond to evidence of planned and actual criminal activity.

Police officers in a free society keep the peace; they do not investigate citizens and activities unless there is some reason to investigate.

In a free society, police do not investigate citizens' attitudes toward the central government, only their action.

Citizen dissent is lawful in a free society and police agencies do not investigate citizens' attitudes toward the criminal justice apparatus.

As to Rykat's comment about being an idiot.....

.....consider the source. Do you still live in your bomb shelter? No? Maybe you should. Don't plan on feeling welcome here, but I have heard Daytona Beach is nice (for your kind).

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
clover Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Rykat....boy you hurt my feelings now...just the other day I was jacking up SIN over his Chavez and Castro dialogue...and now you have grouped me in with him! I don't know what I am now!

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.