Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
E
E
I cant belive Pamie Baby would do that, just shows to go ya. Where is her opinion level now?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
my - I'm not sure what that means?

This has gone from borderline insane to full-blown insane!!! No, I am not pleased.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
E
E
Care to explain as you suggested that I do?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Pam - let me get this straight. Are you still purporting to be a law professor? The same law professor that emailed me saying she didn't know to what I was referring and that she had no idea what charitable organization I was talking about? If so, should there be some concern about schizophrenia?

I think perhaps it might be helpful for me to forward to her the PM you sent me laying out your/her academic background. What say you?

M
M
Yay and yoooyaaahoooo to the lady lawyer with the pretty flower. I meant to say she is the best. Thanks Lawcoocchie

I didn't intend to create a firestorm of controversy by asking who held the key to the SPSC vault. It was just an honest question.

So now my next question.
What needs to be done to get Mayor Paz and the Town Board to approve the funding of the school project? It seems there are a lot of influential folks on this board that could use their wit and wisdom in more positive ways...like writing or phoning City Hall.

And one final question.
Mrs. reaper is not home right now so I need a Lawcucui ruling. Would it violate the IRS Code to donate a portion of SPSC funds directly to the hospital in Belize City, without directing it to an individual? If the politicians in SP don't want the island residents to benefit with new classrooms, it would seem a new cause needs to be found for the funds.

cool

E
E
reaper, thanks for your inquiry. Please look back on the About Ambergris Caye thread regarding what we can and cannot do. Its all there and Im getting a little long of tooth trying to explain it. No pun intended, Thanks

E !

PS: we are looking at other causes but they must fit our charter.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey reaper - I never took your questions as ill-intentioned - just figured you, and some others, didn't know, so I tried to offer an explanation. With respect to your comments about more positive use of wit and wisdom, well, that use and the use to comment here aren't mutually exclusive.
The answer to your question is a bit complicated. My understanding is that as it stands right now, SPSC's 501(c)(3) app has the school stated as its intended target for receipt of all fundraising efforts. In the event the possibility for utilizing funds there is completly ruled out, they will have to file a different stated purpose. With respect to whether that could be the hospital, it would depend on the will of the members and the donation could not be intended to benefit any specific individual.

That do it?

I must say, this has been a good day for SPSC's bank account. Whatever it takes. Viva los ninos de San Pedro.
It's time for you guys to go after someone else. Who will be the next victim?

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.