Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
When I crawled into the co-pilot seat of the Mayan Island plane and we took off from the airport, as we climbed higher in that blue azul sky I could see the carribean waters and different shades of blue, turquoise and green all come together in a watercolor painting that made me catch my breath. I had a tear in my eye, for that was when I realized I was lucky to be alive and "living the dream" at that moment, with one special person in my life.
The second time (althought there were several)was when we were diving cypress tunnels. We had numerous nurse sharks and grouper all around. When I followed my dive master into the tunnel there were 2 nurse sharks that were swimming right below me. I was able to reach down and touch them. I was not afraid at all. I was in awe of these beautiful, graceful creatures.

Take the road less traveled
sorry jeff,
but i am still working on the book deal with the publisher. i can only tell you that san pedro was just one chapter. we honeymooooooooned all over san ignacio, placencia, belize city & places in between. maybe i should be working my deal with emory king.

A few months ago my wife and kids went out with Daniel Nunez's wife and kids on his boat. No tourists, no plan, just head up north and hang out for the day. It was a spectacular day, blue sky, light breeze and calm seas. We encountered some huge rays, turtles and sharks. The kids were having fun and the wives were chatting away. I was driving the boat and having a beer with Daniel, hearing stories of his family the island and Belize history. A big sea turtle poked his head up out of the water right next to us and seemed to want in on the conversation! It was a day where two families from completely different backgrounds became closer friends. cool

I also have 58 skydives over the island etched into my brain. I often replay them and smile when I think of the view!!!!!

Awe reaper, that is really cool! Nice story.

I have lots of great moments too, I really love waking up in the morning, sitting up in my bed and looking at the sunrise out over the reef. Seems to make everything seem OK in the world. There just isn't much more that feels so good.

Malibu, I know the feeling,Waking up with the veranda door wide open the sun coming up and blasting you in the face, AHHHHHHH another day in Paradise, It's then that I Know I am L.T.D. laugh

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Thanks Capt Jeff.
Belize has a way of pulling you back. Unfortunately we won't be able to make our annual trip next year as we will be moving from MD to SC. I will miss it greatly.

Originally posted by captjeff:
Artz Smar z, beautiful ,just wonderful.Nice poem

ArtZ SmartZ
C
C
Truly the best LDT moments are those spent with our Belizean friends, sharing a drink or a meal and sharing stories. The people of San pedro are what keep us coming back.

OP Offline
LTD ,is contagious,the only Cure known to man is multiple trips to sanpeddro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Washed down by belikin beer,lots of fresh sea air ,and a lobster every other day and Pray the treatment works..

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
I don't think any of you know us...but...six days and counting...looking forward to returning to SP.

L
L
Hanging out overlooking the sea from the old Hammock House drinking Belikins and watching people cross on the Hand pull Ferry. Hanging out at BC's with locals and meeting new people. Night snorkeling with Tulu seeing all of the nocturnal creatures. The smiling faces of the children not rich in $$, but happy and rich in the simple ways of life. I could go on and on as many of you could.....

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.