Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
On all counts, well said reaper.

I agree with Reaper on the medical care. I work in an ER and we turn away NO ONE!!! We wrote off over $100,000 on ONE patient last year, and have many patients who come to us because they couldn't pay. All anyone has to do is appear at a "not for profit" hospital and you will be treated, no questions asked as to ability to pay.
When we speak to other about going to BZE to live, their first questions is "what about medical care"? Luckily, we are both very healthy, but I think if we had any issues that required medical continuation, we'd choose to stay in the good ol' USA. But, although we have our problems here, there are problems in Belize as well. Corruption in the government is everywhere, but seems more pronounced in Belize than in the US. And, when it's discovered, at least the US prosecutes or takes some sort of action, not just ignoring it. But, we have uncle george to deal with, and he's not my favorite person right now, so even though we are coming to Belize, we are NOT "fleeing"...just going to live somewhere else for a while.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
RMT Offline
Reaper as always you're posts dead on. Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
reaper, take SIN withyou to the ER and get that USA bug outta his ass! laugh

SIN, I don't know who wrote this, and I'm sure it's meant to be taken "tongue in cheek" but is rings with truth. Gives you "anti-American" people something to think about, even if you don't agree. It's said that Robin Williams wrote this, I've also heard that George Carlin wrote it. In any event, it's quite imposing.

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace
but I have not heard of a plan for
peace. So, here's one plan."
"The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the
rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere"again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't
want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will
be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D"and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while..

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go
somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is
stolen or given to the army. The people who need
it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building
would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Of course, the wonderful thing of being an American is that we can vocally agree or disagree with our Government, and not have to suffer as a result. Not so in mamy other parts of the world. Yes, we are kinda screwed up at the moment, but things have a way of changing, for the better most of the time here. Just wait for the next election, and thank God we have the right to change it. It seems that most of those against us are those who have never appreciated what we have. Funny that for every person trying to leave the US, five or more are trying to get in. Must be somethng to it, then, don't you think?

Hope this helps your way of thinking.... smile

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Don't waste your time on SIN, S&S , he is an America hating leftist that has past over the edge. That was agood read though but it dont sound like either of those that you mentioned, especially Carlin, he's a sour-ass leftist like SIN who could not possibly make a positive comment about the US, IMNSHO

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
LOL "10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan"

I dunno, ask the american native indians to see if they should not apply your same logic.... TO YOU ... Center of the universe.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Originally posted by cracked up:
A U.S. military presence in Belize is a good thing and it should be welcomed if it happens.
It would be a boom to the economy (would make the oil rev look like dresser change).
First rate medical/health care would be available to ALL Belizean citizens.
Education facilities would be vastly improved.
Immediate response and support in the event of a hurricane.
Many Belizeans would be employed in support roles at way above standard salaries.
Law enforcment and criminal investigation would be vastly modernized and improved.
The list of positives is long. They far out weigh the negitives.
Most of you on here probably don't realize this fact; when the British Forces reduced their presence in Belize, many businesses also closed. PG turned into a ghost town over night.
LOL

"Law enforcment and criminal investigation would be vastly modernized and improved"
Where do you guys dream the crap up ? You do realize that because you pre-empted a country it does not give you the right to believe you can force your way in anywhere. YEA Belizean's gone love that one.. You mean that the usa is going to improve law enforcement and c.i. in a country that is not their own ? Just to clarify what you said about the center of the universe..

EDIT: It would be a super big economy though .. When the brits were at 1300 soldiers and 4 harriers , they contributed 8 per cent of the belize G.N.P.

S
S
I guess some of ya'll missed the point (reaper).

Don't get excited Chris, I don't wage war or even fight, it's all too short for that. Only the smart choose to peruse all facets of a situation. It would take a fool to believe any super-power's involvement in a developing country is 100% beneficial for that nation. Everything comes with a cost. Do we need a list?

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
"I see a lot of people yelling for peace
but I have not heard of a plan for
peace. So, here's one plan."
"The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the
rest of those "good 'ole' boys", we will never "interfere"again.

Whom from the list above was given assistance by the US and were considered an ally as well? I guess they only started doing "bad" things after they fell out with Uncle Sam.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.