Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I really want someone to bring me a Stilton. I brought one last year but P1 ate most of it (to be fair it was a present for him). Failing Stilton a really good mature cheddar will do. In England we can get mature Canadian cheddar which is very good. I agree with Chris and others that whatever is produced in Belize under the name of "cheese" is absolutely disgusting.

If I bring the cheese, will I have a problem bringing into the country?

Loose lips sink ships.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I don't know whether it's legal to bring in cheese or not. I had no problems with Customs last year - they took it out, opened the extensive packaging, took one sniff and said I could move on. And I know several tourists who often bring cheese in in smaller quantities with no problems, and these aren't smuggled. I wish Belize could operate as most other countries that I visit and publish exactly what can and can't be brought in, and what the applicable rates of duty are. It's the uncertainty that's the problem - that Stilton cost a lot of money in England, and I had no idea whether it would be permitted or not. I took a chance that paid off that time, but next?

On Friday, Brodies had domestic cheddar in 10 lb. bricks. Its the first domestic cheese that I've seen in 3 weeks. I bought it all, call me a biotch.

K
K
Cayo cheese report. eek

We can now buy local mozarella and the usual imported stuff. Good news for cheese lovers. The owners of Celina's tell me that most likely by the end of this week there will be more Brie, long gone!, Stilton, Blue Cheese,.... so I have a feeling a big cheese shipment is coming in! Keep your eyes open!

I was in Spanish Lookout on Thursday and they are not producing any cheese right now. They said that they can't get the milk to make it. ALthough, the cheese is stocked right up at Brodies, its all imported. They said another container shipment is supposed to be in next week.

T
T
Seems like cheese is quite a problem. I haven't been to Belize(yet! but will by the end of May). How is milk sold there? Is it homogenized like in the states or is there cream on the top(like it should be)? Good cheese isn't difficult to make...especially cheese for cooking and table cheeses. Might have to make some while I'm down there and here I was a thinkin my farm girl skills would do me no good there smile .

...Velveta ROCKS!!!!!!!

Gone fishing!!
What is wrong with the Cheese in Belize!!!

You would think we can talk about some other topic for a change this is getting boring.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.