Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
S
S
Amanda,

The more I read your posts, the more respect I have for you.

Perhaps I am wrong, but wasn't the majority (as I remember) of the south end of the island (the area in question) full of mangrove, covering most of the seafront? What happened to it? All I see know is pretty beaches, seawalls and home sites?

We all wish for HC/SRA to remain as undamaged as possible. The community fathers should have restricted all development in this area years ago. HC/SRA was a lot different before all those homes were there.

By the way, who has private sewage systems in this area? How many of the homes are connected to BWS for their sewage needs. Septic tanks can greatly damage the delicate balance of our marine life as numerous fertilizers seep into the seabed. I'm not too positive that those who are so concerned with sustainable development have self-composting, mini sewage plants or must be hooked up to BWS.

The HC/SRA spin should really be dropped, especially those without degrees in marine biology. Be real and state you don't want a barge business in your neighborhood. Not as strong as an argument but using the HC/SRA crutch is an insult to people's intelligence.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
Kathy,

Chris may not be a marine biologist, but he has been a contributing member of this community for a long, long time. During this time he operated a dive center. It would be an educated guess that his opinion regarding the MBRS is a bit more on spot than most of us on this message board.

Trucks running over people!? So, what you are saying is that it would be ok to run over people in the DFC and San Pablo area and not those who live in Boca Ciego. Next argument please.

A prudent investor has insight and vision. Those purchasing fifteen years ago could envision the future growth of this island. For those purchasing nine years ago, it should have been even more evident. Things change in all neighborhoods of the World. Allentown, PA was nice once I'm sure.

Almost everyone has or will be inconvenienced temporarily due to the development of the island. The choice to keep everyone out was vetoed long long ago. The doors are open and they are coming. Do you think you can shut to flood gates once opened. Perhaps it is time to start making some real money on this island as the old Ambergris that I recall is long gone. Still my home which I love, but not the same.

SIN

K
K
Jesse, as you know this was all done in the middle of the night. We weren't supposed to know anything about it until it was completed. The question about knowing a good lawyer was supposed to be a "funny", didn't know it would be taken literarily.
Amanda, I don't believe there was a personal attack. That was not the intent. However we were never informed about iminent domain or putting a road thru our property when we purchased. Why would I need a road on my own property? That was never an issue when purchasing. When did it become eminent domain? Is someone supposed to inform us when that happens? Is there a new plat map showing it was taken from us? Really, I am serious and would like to know. If disclosures of what could happen to your property were told to you up front it might be different.
Chris, I mean Sin, have you ever heard of compost toilets? They were in the house when we purchased.
If you read above you will notice it is also about putting a commercial business in an established neighborhood.
Guess your smoking again,I never said people would get hit in Boca Ciega. I'm saying there are more turns and blind intersections for trucks hauling containers to maneuver to get the four miles to town.

S
S
No, it's not 4:20 yet. But later I'll check in with Bob. What's your excuse?

So, these toilets WERE in the house. I'm sure you are still using them today true? Or did daily conveniece win out over the turtle grass beds? By the way Thelma (from Scooby Doo) I mean Kathy, everyone pretty much knows who I (SIN) am. You clever girl you!

Seeing the dredging and traffic fatalities are both extrememely poor arguments (considering the source), what avenue of reason do you intend to proceed with now. Global warming may be a good one! Or Save the Swamp! (it is still pretty much a swamp back there isn't it?) Doesn't Shrek live in a swamp? Hmm..... makes sense.

Gotta go! Swimming time! (and then a big fatty just for you)

SIN

S
S
I guess you should have checked the zoning laws. You wanted R1 right? Oh, I forgot, WE DON"T HAVE ANY, ha ha ha ha ....

I can guarantee you this, you will find no barges in Monkey River. They have nice beaches, pretty birds and lots of Bonefish. Ah yes, but not many tourists to buy overpriced marginally prepared sandwiches.

Originally Posted by kathyw

Chris, I mean Sin,...
Guess your smoking again

That's defamation of character!!!!!!!!!

S
S
Hey, you gotta have character to defame it! JK

K
K
Toilets still here. We use dried turtle grass to put in them to make the compost. Want some?

You don't read, he got grass! laugh

S
S
Why can't you have a reasoned discussion without the personal attacks???

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.