Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Unfortunately Chuck 'n Robbie's is on AC.

yes i know but when we were there we had a great group that took the taxi over to AC JUST to make sure they went with C&R's.....

said they would do it again.

looking for special place to retire.
40 years breeding Multiple Best In Show Old English Sheepdogs
New divers and divers on vacation in a new place, seem to be like the chick that just hatched. The first thing they see is momma, and there is really nothing wrong with that.
Allegiances are formed and we all want every one to have a good time and be happy so naturally these people will suggest who they had the positive experience with. Bad experiences and unsafe operators are very rare in Belize compared to the Caribbean diving arena. A decade ago The Belize Tourist Board set up a Tour Guide Licensing System that trains, and polices the diving industry in Belize. This was a very positive move on the part of government and sets Belize apart from many other countries. Excited tourist doing internet inquires come to my box by the hundreds, they never seem to consider one of the most important questions, 'where they are staying and is the operator offering the service a practical distance from them' you can't imagine the time I've wasted with email inquires from people staying at Rocky point, in Belize city or on a cruse ship before I learned to find out where they are staying 'first'.
All this white hair is worth something
wink

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
K
kda Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wow...that's lots of info to decipher! First off: location. I assumed since I was posting in the under the CC board that would indicate where I was going to be. My questions were basically
1) WHAT IS a resort course; I'm now gathering it's just an intro to diving course. Correct?
2) What is the cost?
3) Is it worth the cost?
4) Is it a good intro to diving so you can figure out if diving is for you? As Bobber mentions.
5) I will be in CC.

Even if we totally enjoy I am not sure I want to spend my week in CC getting certified. I am ready for rest and relaxation. An intro to diving would be great but the actual certification will have to wait (unless something totally tells me NOW!).

kathy anderton
Kathy
If you posted this on the Caye Caulker message board how did it get over onto www.ambergriscaye.com ? Caye "Caulker is our neighbor island to the south.
Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for.
To answer your questions
Yes, it is absolutely worth the money - which is about US $150.
It will not take up much of your valuable kick back time and if you love it like some of us you will want to do it more and more. Once you do the resort course and do the one dive that is included in the cost you can continue to dive with that instructor for as long as you are here at the regular price everyone else pays.
Sorry - I know nothing about dive operators on Caye Caulker. However, it is a very small island and once you get there a stroll down the beach will put you in contact with any there.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I think you've had most of the answers you require, but hidden in a lot of dross. To summarise:-

(1) You did post in the right place - the CC forum is nowadays a part of the AC one.
(2) Two operators on CC that are highly regarded are Belize Diving Services and Frenchies.
(3) If you like the resort course you can extend it to the "PADI Scuba Diver" certification level, which takes an additional 1 1/2 days and about doubles the cost. But it does give you a dive card that's good for life.
(4) The resort course is undeniably worth the cost and it is a very good intro to diving.
(5) You can do the full PADI Open Water certification course in just one more day.
(6) Depending how long you have before you come, you can arrange to do much of the work at home before you get here, minimising your learning time when on holiday.

Any help?

Pedro 2 - very good - well done!

Harriette
S
S
Hello -

I'm going to AC in November - what are good dive operators? Is Amigos Del Mar still highly recommended?

Thanks

Of Course Amigos Del Mar is still a good operation - just read all the messages already posted about this.
HOWEVER - there are a lot of good operators here on the island. Too many people will tell you "So & So is the best." The best is a matter of taste just like food.
Come look them over - do some research here on the board - get realist about what the difference is between reef diving and atoll diving.

Harriette
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
There are several excellent small operations you won't read much about simply because they don't have many divers through their hands. More doesn't necessarily mean better.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day