Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#241683 06/27/07 09:31 AM
J
jbg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
when are they supposed to put a real road in on the north of the bridge sand road? i just bought land 1/2 mile north of the bridge on the left 5 lots north of sweet basil.and when is water and sewage supposed to arrive. thanks jason

Beautiful spot, Jason, I am envious. I have no idea about when, obviously, but it did bring up a question. Real road might indicate that it would be travelled by "real" vehicles, other than golf carts. My question would be, will the bridge handle anything much larger than golf carts? I was over the bridge last week and it looked capable of handling more than golf carts, but how heavy a vehicle would it safely handle?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
G
G
I know that the bridge can handle a dump truck full of sand.

That is how they filled in the north side of the bridge about 15 months ago.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Wait for the rainy season. If it's anything like last year you'll have plenty of water and sewage.

J
jbg Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i think the bridge is rated at 20-30 ton capacity but it could probably handle a little more like up to 40 (i read that somewhere)

Last edited by jbg; 06/28/07 04:02 PM.
B
B
My trained eye and 30 years commercial construction experience say the bridge would have a 15 ton rating for a single axle truck.
That would be a 10 ton rating in the states as they use a 'cover your ass' safety factor.
As I have stated before, The GOB has no roads north of the bridge. That is why the bridge had to be built with private funds.
Once you reach the north side of the bridge you are on easements or right of ways or just a path that someone put in to keep you outta their yard. It is nothing but a path cleared of vegetation.
No gravel--no swales--no crown--no culverts to divert water, etc. and it is a drama when it rains a lot--it is maintained by (well sort of) by the land owners along the way.
If a cop stops you tells you are breaking some traffic law or something tell the cop he is trespassing---'cause he is unless he is on the beach. Then he is on "Q. E.'s land and might have a case.
Bottom line--it's not a road
We whine and complain because we have to use "it" everyday rain or shine.
Don't bitch at the town board or the GOB because it won't help.
If we are patient and don't rag on certain resorts more than once in a while I believe free enterprise will turn this path into something that San Pedro wishes they had. (Am I subtle or what?).
And then what happens?
You got it.
TRAFFIC

What is the north road like in August...we will be there the first week in August.
We wanted to drive a little on the north part of the island. But plan to use the water taxi's the most. I have seen video's of the north road ...but none if it had been raining.
Is the end of July or first of August the rainy season?
Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.