Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
I have just spoken with Vivian from Rojo Lounge (Casa Azul) and she said that everybody is ok up North!
They have lost their dock, so has many other neighbours up North, they and Mata Chica have not much damage. The roofs (palapa) are still there, there is a little water damage, but other than that is all fine.
There is still no power on the North side of the Island, which probably will take a few more hours.

If anyone has some news from Portofino and Jan (my husband) please let me know, as I'm in Belgium and I'm very worried!

Lets just pray that there is minor damage on the Island so we can all go back home soon!

Sandra van Noord

Ruth1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Sandra,
I spoke to Jan about 10:30pm last night....If Rojo is Ok and Mata Chic is Ok I am sure Jan is fine...
At 10:30pm Jan said he thought the dock was either gone or he said it would sure be gone with the storm coming in...Jan also posted lots of photo's late yesterday afternoon.

I hope someone checks on Jan and other staff staying at Portofino.
Sandra...I am not sure but last I heard Elbert Greer was staying.

All the Best,
Ruth- Panama City Beach, FL

R
R
has anyone heard from anyone on the southern part of the island? i am concerned about Changes in Latitude B&B and owners Cindy and Renita...haven't heard from them since the 18th.

Hey Ruth,

Already talked to Sandra on the phone. Everybody is ok at Portofino, and so are all of the neighbors. We sat out the storm with 10 staff, and we have been cleaning since this morning. We are getting the rest of the staff in by 1:30 pm, and we will be fully operational for lunch tomorrow (Restaurant and Resort).

Damage is minor. We are currently on generator power, but think General power will be restored today. It took me a while to get the internet back up and running. Phones were down for a while as the battery backup systems have been unavailable with BTL for the past 2 years. For now we can not receive calls from abroad (except for the cell phone, when we have reception), but the email is working, and we will be answering them from 1:30 pm on.

Jan van Noord

C
C
Anybody seen or heard about Xandu? We have a trip down there in a month. Should we keep our reservations? Do you think AC will be back to "normal" by then?

Hope everyone is safe.

Chuck - Texas

C
C
Hey Chuck,

I am going to Xanadu also (Nov.2) and coming from New Orleans where Hurricane recovery can be at a snails pace, I too am concerned. I am anxiously awaiting word on the resort and the island.

cBlessing & Chuck,
I haven't talked to Roger & Susan yet. Susan manages Xanadu. But I can assure you they will be up and running well before you guys arrive. You probably wont even notice that AC had a hurricane!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I slept very little, and by the looks of it, Marty didn't sleep at all. God Bless you Marty for your information all night. WOW.....I'm SO GLAD no one got hurt and for the most part our wonderful island is in tact. Again....thanks Marty, you're the bomb. Hopefully someone will post some pictures!

Just what is "normal" on AC? laugh At any rate, based on reports so far, very little significant damage was done to AC, even to the areas north of the cut. I have heard or read no reports of heavy damage as far south as Xanadu. I'm coming down for ten days in early November and a few busted up piers and breached seawalls will not keep me away. AC will be back to normal (whatever that is) in no time!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
C
C
Thanks LOANSUM - AL K.! We have been looking forward to coming down since the first of the year and I'm glad to hear thing should be good to go by then.

Chuck

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.