Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Well, I'm finally headed to Belize and I can't wait!! 1 full week of nothing but fishing. I'll be on Ambergris Caye. I plan on fishing with a guide for a few days, but would also like to rent a boat to take out myself. I was wondering if there are places to rent boats?
I have one other question about getting to Ambergris Caye, I'll be flying into Belize City and was wondering if there are any pros and cons to taking a plane over or taking a boat over. I appreciate any help, thank you.

C
C
Look back on this board a few weeks back. There is a post titled "Water taxi". There is much discussion on this subject, and it helped us to decide to fly over from the municipal airport. We will be there Oct 11-16. Have fun!

I've done both ways and I would and do always take the plane. Takes 15 minutes by plane as opposed to over an hour by boat. The boat trip can be rough...

i say take the plane, you will be tired and excited, so hurry up and get there. You will have plenty good boat rides during your stay.

Dare To Deviate
Take the plane and enjoy the view. Wouldn't try the boat unless you really must.

I've not run across any rental boats in SP. They are a VERY fussy about their reef and do not encourage persons inexperienced in those waters or with navigation in general to give it a try. There may be boats to rent but I've not seen them...anyone else?

You gonna love the fishing mate. That's for sure!

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 08-27-2000).]

We fly because it is fast, dry and beautiful views. I have never heard of boats for rent without the captain, except for kayaks! There is no coast guard or rescue team, and it can be very dangerous on the reef especially if you don't know it. We reef fish, shell and snorkel with Mr. Luz Guerrero. You can email his daughter at [email protected]
Belize it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.