Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Talk is cheap until you hire a lawyer, and as my grand pappy prevaricator used to say, wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up first.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Leah Ann, your response to my response was in the noblest tradition of how things are supposed to work. Knowing you, I would say that you do apply to your work in the most noblest sense. Unfortunately, that (in my opinion and experience) is not true of many in your line of work. We do need the "good" lawyers to protect us from the other ones. And the idiots, of which we seem to have an abundancy these days.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
K
K
Jesse: Had to laugh at the Liar/Lyar. I have a friend who generally uses the same fishing guide. The guide has a long-time client who fishes long continous stretches a number of times a year, who my friend had met. The client is a great flyrodder and of course a lawyer. A year or so back the guide was telling my friend about the client, who the guide really respected. But then he starts in calling the guy a liar. My friend's a little taken a back, says no he's not, but the guide says he is too, in fact he's a really good liar.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
OP Offline
Well, thanks, Bobber. smile But you know it's that old line about 1% of lawyers giving the other 99% a bad name. I've met some doctors who are real jerks, and a few engineers, and a couple of flight attendants, and a dentist who should have his license yanked - along with all his teeth sans novocaine, and then there's that one cantankerous, yet entirely adorable, old guy who works for a government organization in the Maryland area... How come no one picks on those professions? But that's a question for a whole different discussion.....

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Ahhh, so lawyers are human like everyone else. So, the nobility inherent is a personal trait and not dependant on the race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin or occupation? Makes me glad my grading system only has 2 main categories, bleeps and non-bleeps. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
From a mass amusement standpoint, when economic predation was repurposed into professional humor, low profile lawyers prevailed in that taxonomic scheme without peer. I think you've got your percentages reversed too.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
D
D
If you ever see a glint of humanity in a lawyer's eye, your looking into a glass eye.

L
L
Now, now Danny2, play nice!

Dog, as my pappy Marquis says: keep on talking, young lass, because you have lots of vacations you need to pay for. Thinking Dominican Republic, Mexico, France. Better burn up that dictaphone!

I confess your testimonial for lavish consumption does advance you as the prime candidate for the poster lawyer to promote that mandatory pro bono bill.

Digressing to the jokes about lawyers are we?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 179 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.