Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CanBrit Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Ok..maybe a stupid question rather than a quick question!!....

Arriving BC 9.30am ish, want to have a wander around BC and see if I can still find Mabels Bar after 25 years and maybe wander elsewhere for lunch etc before heading out to AC. (taxi or air..not sure yet..depends how much sleep on the red eye flts)

So..there I will be with dive gear / luggage wanting to wander but loaded with gear.
Are there any facilities at the airport to leave luggage ie lockers etc. Stupid question really regarding the paranoid US airport rules that have spread everywhere..lol but you never know.....Any other ideas on where to leave gear...maybe with Maya Island Air (assumming we decide to fly) but not sure they'll allow early luggage check in...

Ideas / advise please appreciated

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Check it in at the international airport with Tropic (or Maya) and ask for it to come over. Presumably you'll fly from the municipal later in the day? You don't want to have to go all the way back to the international just for the privilege of paying double the fare.

Are you really sure you want to wander around BzC? It's a bit less user-friendly than it was 25 years ago.

Where are you staying on AC?

C
CanBrit Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you
Good point regarding the airport..that sounds like a plan. I'll drop a line to Tropic/Maya to check they will transfer the luggage and check it in at the municipal.

BC always was 'what you made of it' but I can't resist a visit..lol

Staying at Banana Beach...some good deals on for Sept /Oct and we don't intend to do more at the hotel than eat breakfast, sleep, and other bed time activities..;)

JZB Offline
You can always hire a taxi per hour and keep your luggage with you. That way after an hour of cruising Belize City and you're bored with it, you still have the choice of Water Taxi or flying.

That's a good suggestion JZB. I think the hourly rate is around $40 Bz these days.

B
B
If you don't hire a taxi by the hour it might be a slightly better idea to take a taxi with your luggage from the International airport to the Municipal airstrip. Ask the Municipal check-in to hold your luggage until your flight from the Municipal to San Pedro.

This should be a little less confusing for the airlines which should greatly decrease the chance of misplaced luggage.

The best plan IMO would be what JZB suggested. Make sure to neggotiate the rate before departing.

JZB Offline
I think some drivers at Municipal charge $25 and $30 an hour. From International Airport its probably a crap shoot!

S
S
Yes mon, put your luggage in the Taxi and the Int'l airport, drive around with the taximan, when finished jump on Maya/Tropic a the Muni strip and fly to AC. Taxi drivers know everything and the best choice to help you find Mabel's, I don't think it is still there especially if it depended on soldiers seeing most pulled out a long time ago. You'll be suprized at the least when you see how the City has changed over the years.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.