Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
L
Seems so, but never fear! Just a hard worker here who has a giant appetite to see the world and its many cultures. In fact, one of the "prime" reasons I went to law school - need to finance all those trips!

Cheers dears!

I'VE NOTICED SEVERAL COMMENTS IN THIS STRING ABOUT THE "UNFAIRNESS" OF PROFESSIONALS BEING FORCED BY THE (US) GOVERNMENT TO WORK FOR FREE, AND HOW THIS WOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PASS�.HAS ANYONE LOOKED AT THE FEDERAL TAX LAWS RECENTLY!!!!!
WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A VOLUNTARY TAX SYSTEM THAT WAS BROUGHT INTO BEING, AS A TEMPORARY MEASURE, TO FUND THE SECOND WORLD WAR, BUT THOSE OF US, (NOW IN THE MINORITY, BY THE WAY), WHO PAY INTO THE SYSTEM AS OPPOSED TO THOSE WHO TAKE OUT OF IT, WORK UNTIL MID MAY TO FUND THE STATE AND FEDERAL COFFERS: WE THEN START EARNING MONIES THAT WE GET TO "KEEP", AND SPEND ON THINGS LIKE AUTOS (TAXED), BOOZE(TAXED) CIGARS(CAN YOU GUESS WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?)�..LETS FACE IT, WHEN YOU LOOK AT TED KENNEDY OR HARRY REID, DON'T YOU THINK THEY ARE MUCH MORE QUALIFIED TO SPEND YOUR MONEY THAN YOU ARE?....DIDN'T THINK SO

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
D
D
I think it's called keeboarding now.

Digressing? I thought that was a step up?

I mean if people wern't such thieves we woudn't need lawyers right? But in the US the fees have gotten so steep because more and more they are held accountable and have to afford malpractice insurance. We've all met the legal professionals that truly care and don't charge exorbant fees but then those stories are just boring.

Discussing the sad situations with miles of parked trailers in the desert the other day with a friend, and the plight of Louisianan's waiting for them for over a year now, I couldn't help wondering, what kind of deal you could get for a quanity of those? My bad of course but it was only a thought. But then again, they were paid for onece by the tax payers already. Why not sell em again? Sounds profitable to me.

Happily this is one human who has learned the difference between right and wrong action. <sigh> But now I can see this post heading in a boring direction already. Here we have small government. yeah!!!! All we need now is to fund affordably to reliable contractors the things this country needs. I can dream right? I had an awesome discussion the other day with the proprieter of Coral Cable. It started with me being angry over a dispute and a chain of miscommunications and then add in the storm damage and repair issues and BAM!!! I was being taken advantage of and it wasn't fair and blah blah blah. Well I realized I was upset and then remembered that was not the reason I moved here so I decided to calm down and write a letter.

Well to my surprise, the owner called me up and said lets please meet and discuss the situation. I later found he had called all his employees together to get to the bottom of things. Turns out though a few mistakes were made, nobody was taking advantage of the Gringo as I had first assumed. We had a three hour discussion where his son joined us and then talked about the country as a whole and the problems faced with the growing commerce and so on. So this was a long story but the point I really wanted to make was two fold. One, don't assume anything and go the extra mile to make sure that communications are correct. Two, as a result I met a very nice man and his son and gained many insights into the community. In fact many of the issues I have been aware of a groupd 20 years ago worked out in a plan which of course got scraped because it wasn't the new administration's plan. I realized again that though there are many who recognize what's needed, change takes hard work, time, and many many people.

Those of us that wish to call belize home need to remember. We are Belizeans too and are as responsible as anyone for what happens here. I also want to point out that if many have and share a vision it will more than likely happen. We see the potencial when we first arive. A country being an example of man living in harmony with nature. A multicultural hosting location attracting International Markets of travel and commerce. Perhaps large convention centers that fill up the resorts and still things flowing and beautiful not overbuilt and crowded. Art fairs and exports crafts markets. Galleries of fine art. More media and theater venues for the young and creative to voice and express themselves. I mean here we are english speaking yet connected to the caribbean, all of Latin America, plenty of resources, high literacy. Good relations with North America and Europe. It's a no brainer. Not easy but very clear. nature is the foundation, The cultures are the glue, and this time it's clear. Make no inroads for the takers and support the visionary and commuinty minded. Learn from others mistakes in other words. Look for ways to help and resist pouting and complaining about why nobody did it all for you.

OK, as usual I got carried away. Please don't sue me.

Thank heavens you don't drink, TL.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OMG, Seashell, betweet the A.D.D., the 60's, the 10 or so near death experiences, and the bad drinking days I'm lucky to write a paragraph. But yesssssssss, if you do see me drinking, don't even wait, just call the federalies cause sumpins gonna happen fer shur and it won't be pretty.

smile

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
C
C
You got it right Pugwash!!!

Well, TL, I think we would be lucky if you could write only a paragraph.

wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
WOW tl, as I can't figure out what you said I'd be hard pressed to sue you for much of anything!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
I LIKE THE LEGAL SYSTEM IN JAPAN: A LAW SUIT IS FILED FOR A FIXED AMOUNT, THE WINNER GETS IT, THE LOOSER PAYS IT. IT TENDS TO STOP SOMEONE SUING FOR $1,000,000 AND HOPING TO SETTLE FOR $10,000, AS IF THEY LOOSE, THEY PAY THE $1,000,000, SO THE VAST MAJORITY OF CASES ARE SETTLED LONG BEFORE GOING TO COURT
IT ALSO TENDS TO STOP ATTORNEYS LOOKING AT A CLIENTS LIKE LOTTERY TICKETS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, IN THE USA, THE TRIAL LAWYERS ARE THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTORS TO THE DEMOCRATS, AND THE DRUG COMPANIES ARE THE LARGEST CONTRIBUTORS TO THE REPUBLICANS, SO IT'S CONTINUAL SPECIAL INTEREST STALE MATE.
IT'S THE MAJOR REASON MEDICAL INSURANCE COSTS SUCH A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT, AND TORT REFORM IS NEXT ON MY LIST TO TAX REFORM AS THE REASON I'M MOVING TO BELIZE.
THEY RUN 3RD AND 4TH AFTER BELIKIN AND DIVING

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.