Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
U
U
Use cash. On larger purchases, such as cart rental for a week or so, you will receive a 10-20% discount. I received a 20% discount at Moncho's rental this past week for paying cash. I had a flat tire on my rental and Moncho's was there in 10 minutes with another cart-no mention of a charge. If you visit often, open a bank account and get an ATM card. Belize Bank has a savings account that pays 6% interest and you can write up to 10 checks per month. Must maintain an $US500 to receive the interest.

Wow. First off, GOOD LUCK with the case. I applaud the actions of the police on this one and this story was very good to read in that sense for I have heard some very disparaging remarks about the cops in San Pedro (which I refused to believe anyway) which I thought were pretty bogus.

Word of advice regarding Credit Cards for rentals.....I keep one credit card for this purpose and it is one of those secured cards meaning that there is only X amount of dollars on it to be used so for example when I pay my vehicle bonds going into Mexico no more than 300 dollars can come off of that card just in case there is a computer glitch....same with rentals. YOu cannot get blood from this stone.

These people are gonna get their butts kicked good one of these days. ARe they related to Island Grocery or just occupying space there? I did not quite understand the relation between the two.

Again, good luck. No one deserves to deal with this sort of BS on a holiday!!!! And no, this is not the way business is generally done down here so to the individual remarking on third world nonsense? Please form a more cohesive and informed argument in the future?

Personally, I've encountered several first world businesses run by third world mentalities.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I don't often pre-judge based on one side of a story, however there seems to be an indication that others have been badly treated. I hope this will take the usual path that I have seen in AC, where there is so much quality competition that the under-performers are weeded out. As a tourist, I come to places to avoid the hassles of daily life, and would be quite outraged to be victimized. I do realize that a lot of these carts are abused, either accidently or on purpose, but that comes with the rental biz, and is figured into the rental costs. Just my opinion. Good luck in court, and let us know what happens. 50+ days out, and I will ensure that our carts are rented elsewhere.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I agree that they were victims of an apparent scam. However, let's look at the initial cause. The damn dog chasing the golf cart. The owner of the dog is the one that should be responsible. No one wants to be chased by dogs on their vacation. The owner of the dog should be tracked down and given a warning to keep his dog confined or it will be euthanized. End of story.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I was riding my 250 one day and same scenario (this was in northern Canada btw about 20 yrs ago) - this dog comes running at me from the left, I swerve, lose control and learned how to fly over a small fence. Luckily I was unhurt and there was only superficial damage to the bike.

The dog owner comes out and starts yelling at me about almost hitting her mutt. Not an are you ok was uttered! The owner of the home whose fence my bike hit made sure I was ok and told me not to worry for he saw exactly what happened.

I looked at the broad who owned the dog and told her, next time lady I ain't gonna swerve! I meant it. Just uttering that threat did achieve something....she had that mutt secured properly thereafter.

Dogs coming after you be you on a bike, motorbike or golf cart....how do you know whether or not they are gonna bite or for that matter do you really want to hit the creature?

Such is the situation presented. As to myself? I will never swerve again.

I am so sorry to hear about your encounter Sandra_rx.

I hope it get resovled through the court.

T
T
DGredfreshed you almost had me fooled! I was reading you post thinking you actually had something positive to say (for once) until you bash someone mentioning 3rd world. I think they were just trying to give a general idea of what the island is like. Durrrrrrrrr! Not everybody has to think like you.

On a separte tab I am sorry to here about the incident that happend Sandra and agree that no one should have to deal with that while on vacation.

If it were me, I would have had several breakfast Belikins and probably would have run over the dog anyway.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Dog!!!!!! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.