Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
Yes iluvbelize, I mean "giving security for costs" thanks for correcting me; somehow I can never remember the right wording for that term.

As for your suggestion; Sandra can't move the court to order the golf cart company to deposit such security, as they are a Belizean entity, and remain under the jurisdiction of the Belize court.

Live and let live
Sure she can, although it would be prudent for her to deposit $1500 BZ, or whatever the amount of the highest repair bid is that she received, into a Belizean bank of her choice, file an affidavit stating that she has sufficient assets located in the jurisdiction, and that security for costs should be paid by Plaintiff before any further action may be taken. I would attach as Exhibits to the affidavit copies of the rental agreement, the estimates she has from reputable local mechanics, and a copy of her bank pass book binder reflecting her name and amount of money on deposit to the affidavit. Keep it honest, clean, organized, and the Supreme Court will be more likely to consider and rule in her favor, and hear her motion for costs sooner than later with the affidavit on file. You don't need to be a Belizean citizen to bypass the order for security for costs as far as I know. Of course, what I know may be useless... here. I just think if she moves quickly with this strategy, she may also move for a removal of the injunction upon her leaving the country to get back to her child. I'd also put that in the affidavit. They love a robust affidavit in lieu of lazy uninterested attorneys wasting the court's time and the client's money. Trust.

In this case would everyone please send an email to localtourism@travelbelize.org (BTB) stating their support for Norman and Sandra Warren-they are currently in a hotel in Belize City as they have not been allowed to leave the country.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a previous complaint on here about Island Tours? I couldn't find it, but I remember somebody complaining about the same type of "hold-up."

As far as I'm concerned, and it's just me, but if I really needed to leave Belize, there's always a way across the border and I would have long been gone.

NOT that I'm saying one should leave a legal issued unresolved, but this is bordering on assinine. Better to be safe (and home) and deal with foreign relations on firmer ground.

Just my two cents worth....

S
S
I can't believe all this over a golf cart. We are coming back and were going to rent a cart but am having second thoughts. Don't want to be held for a golf cart. Bad for tourism if the gov't does this over a small matter.

S
S
There are many reputable golf cart rental operations that have been in business for years without complaint.

D
DJH Offline
D
Sorry to here about your incident. I really belive those of us who come to the island for vacation and have things like this happen to us need to make a fuse and have the police called. If more of us do it maybe these company's will stop trying to take advantage of the tourist. My husband and I and our friends had things happen to us last Feb and it is posted on the trip report section. (after 15 years coming to the island)

Denise

C
C
Really sorry for your troubles....I know it is little
comfort but they will pay for this many times over...
many people follow this message board...I cannot see
how anyone will do business with these people in the
future.
And this is not good for any other businesses on AC !!!
It will make people think San Pedro is a tourist trap
I really think the Chamber of Commerce or Town Council
should get involved.
Many people are pulling for you !!
Maybe we could start a donation drive to help but we would need
a local to handle things in San Pedro.
ANY LOCAL TAKERS !!

Any body have the email address for the Chamber of Commerce & Town Council? m

E
E

Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 210 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.