Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
S
S
one bit of information regarding the assumption that 5 minutes after arrival the vendor had the money from AmEx - i guess it's possible, but from all i know it's higly unlikely. There are two reasons many establishments don't take AmEx - the % they charge the vendor to use the cars (4%) and delays in crediting vendor.

You may have an AmEx beef too.

JZB Offline
Even if there is damage to the cart, there is no way it would cost $6k to fix unless they tried to drive it out to the reef. Is that quote from a government contractor or what?
And don't most cart companies include an insurance cost in your rental? Isn't that what insurance is for?
I'm still dumbfounded by this whole thing. It will certainly need to be solved before leaving the island or it probably never will.

B
B
My nephew and 4 of his college football buddies rolled a cart and actually broke the frame in half. The tab was $1,800 usd which included, among a bunch of other stuff, a new frame.

S
OP Offline
S
They served us yesterday late afternoon with an injuction preventing me from leaving the country. We're supposed to leave today, I have no idea what we're going to do. We have a child at home and of course our jobs. We spent the evening cunsulting with the US embassy and talking to a lawyer in Belize city

Best wishes with you, Sandra. We are all watching the outcome of this.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
They've already taken $6000 from you. What more do they want?

Good luck Sandra. What goes around comes around and they will get it in the end!

I'll make dinner as soon as I find the ice cream scoop
S
OP Offline
S
The $6000 has been reversed (not charged to the account for paynent yet) because the SP police made her void it and took her copy of my credit card. However, the charge is still "approved" and has not dropped off of my AMEX. I am not sure what we're going to do. I'll let you know.

Wow! I had no idea they could prevent you from leaving the country. What would happen if you just went to the airport?

Seems to me some other local business owners might want to take an interest in this matter. I can't see how this would be helpful to anyone...

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
With my limited knowledge of the law(right, Leah-Ann?) but with my experience with people would indicate that they are using that as a lever to get you to cave in and pay whatever they want. This is going to follow them (Island tours) for a long time.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 210 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.