Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OPP Lay Hundreds Of Charges Against Drivers On Deadly Long Weekend
Tuesday October 9, 2007
CityNews.ca Staff
In the week since new legislation targeting speeders took effect police have nabbed more than 300 cars, catching dozens of drivers over the Thanksgiving long weekend.

The OPP's traditional safety blitz resulted in a vehicle being impounded every 25 minutes over the course of the three-day break. The new laws allow police to immediately seize cars travelling more than 50 kilometres in excess of the speed limit, suspend driver's licenses, and fine offending motorists anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000.

As of Sunday police had impounded more than 300 cars in the week since the new rules became law, and final numbers were expected to be available later Tuesday.

As always officers were also on the roads looking for motorists not wearing seatbelts and unsafe vehicles.

hmmm. Guess then the penalty for not wearing a seat belt might be to send McGuinty a check for $1000. and include one's left testicle in the envelope?

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
And your first born from the right one!

DID I JUST SEE RYKAT AND SIMON AGREE ON SOMETHING?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
L
L
Better to see that headline than this...........

"The driver of a vehicle travelling at 170 kms/hr on the TransCanada Highway lost control, hitting a guardrail then crossing a median. Killed were..............."

M
M
I travel the 400 from Collingwood to Etobicoke on a regular basis,it is getting crazy out there. The speed at which some people travel is nuts, there are just too many cars on the road to travel saftely at 140-150 kph. A new highway north would be the best solution.....when!

S
S
I thought it was all horseback up there?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Canadians love horsepower!

S
S
[Linked Image]

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Penalty for going 30k/ph OVER the limit is revocation of license to drive and seizure of vehicle. Drove the length of southern Ontario on the 401 over the weekend and nary a snag. Toronto on Sunday was smooth as glass, a nice departure from the parking lot it usually is. And it was 80 degrees!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.