Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#261302 01/02/08 08:15 PM
H
hoodoo Offline OP
OP Offline
H
t

Last edited by hoodoo; 01/03/08 11:23 AM.
Don't hold back...how do you really feel?

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S
S
There are always lots of happy guests around there and lots of repeat customers. Crazy Canuuck's is one of the islands most popular bars....but no one can make everybody happy.

P.S. Some people cannot be satisfied under any conditions...you know...the ones who should stay home.

Last edited by Jesse; 01/02/08 08:30 PM.
You turned a 10 day vacation into a 3 day vacation? You didn't try moving to a different hotel/resort? Where do you usually travel?

I have actually stayed in Unit 2B at Exotic Caye Beach resort a number of times and always have the time of my life as well as at other places. I have slept in the king size bed as well as on the futon in the LR.

I love Canucks and have never had a bad drink. Bartenders are awsome, miss Ali & Elva as well as Rick. Lost my flip flops/only pair of shoes doing the splits on the bar for my 50th but found them the next day. Love not having to carry money to the bar and being able to stumble from point A to point B just watch out for the palm tree stumps that want to reach out and get ya.

Sorry you had a bad experience & more sorry you cut your trip that short. You missed out on a lot.

Obviously you left within one 1/2 day of finding your Belizean groove . . oh . . choke . .maybe (gasp) you were the people that just can't get there from here.

Was the above ground pool dirty? Did you happen to notice that the pool at Sunbreeze is also an above ground pool?

I've had tons of drinks at Crazy Canuk's, too many to remember, but I can tell you that I was never underpoured.

Ali is great, even though he spent the last 3 years letting me call him Mike and never correcting me. Elva is great too! If you are lucky, you might catch them fooling around a bit in between serving the peoples and get to see 30 seconds of some serious high leg punta . . which they are doing just for fun. But it always entertains me to no end and I'd forego some drink service just to see them wind up a bit longer.

It's a shame, a terrible shame, that you couldn't just stop and go with the flow for a few days. You'll never know what you missed and you'll never find it anywhere else either.

Because no matter where you go . . .there *you* are.

You got served Belikin for $5 a piece? Would that be $5 Belizean, in other words $2.50 a piece? LOL. Try and find that in the States.

I always get my chosen mixed drinks exactly as I order them, time after time after time . .though on occasion they do forget that I don't like too many icecubes in mine. Even so, I try not to sniffle too much about it.

Last edited by seashell; 01/03/08 04:15 AM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Stayed there for ten days in November and loved every minute. Any problem we encountered (and they were very few) was quickly fixed by Don and Carol and I can't say enough good things about Ali and Elva at Canuck's. We'll be booking there again for our next trip, which can't come soon enough.

San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, and Belize may not be the right place for the "glass half empty" mindset. It may not be perfect but "it's all good". smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I agree completely with Seashell and KC. We will be returning to Exotic Caye for the 3rd time. We have always found the place to be clean and very nice. Never had an issue with noisy neighbors, perhaps you should have talked to the neighbors to see if they did in fact have a herd of elephants because we NEVER heard a single neighbor. Crazy Canucks is one of the most enjoyable places we have been to on the island. Bartenders, Ali and Elva are incredibly nice and always have a smile. I never had any complaints with the drinks, got exactly what I asked for. Met some very nice locals there and they always made us feel right at home.

I agree if you left the island after 3 days of a 10 day trip, this may not be the best destination for you. I am curious to know where you "packed up" and headed to for the other 7 days?

J
J
This poster also posted on the Fodors travel board. In that post he/she didn't go into particulars about Exotic Caye, but thoroughly blasted all of San Pedro. Undrinkable water, bad food, poverty.

Some people should probably stick with Disney.

Hmmm, does that sound familiar? Sounds like a disgruntled previous contributor to the board. We did run into an older couple in 2000 at PV that was cutting their vacation short because they were dissatisfied with the "squalid conditions and unpalatable food." Their accents put them as middle Europeans, and they wanted to go back to their usual spot inland Mexico, where things were "much nicer." We said, Bye Bye, have fun, don't come back. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I find whininess to be a squalid condition!! Take your snivelling elsewhere; we're trying to have fun here!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.