Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
CHANGE....CHANGE....CHANGE! YUK!
NOBODY LIKES CHANGE...INCLUDING ME!

It's our nature as humans to get comfortable and remain that way. Unfotunately, that feels good and safe....but you won't grow much.

A lot of concern and discussion has been raised by the new proposed developement of the North End of Ambergris Caye.

I'd like to take this opportunity to voices some opinions and ideas I have on this subject.

For many, many years....travelers from all over the world have been visiting Belize, many of whom were bitten by the paradise bug.
Like a lot of us...they decided they wouldn't mind owning property here and living here on a part time or full time basis.
Property has been sold....thousands of acres...up and down this entire island.

Not many people buy property....and then just let it sit....never intending to do anything with it. At some point...they either build on it, lease it or sell it again.

The North End has been slow in the developement game due to a lack of utilities up past the Mexico Rocks area and the inconvenience of commuting back and forth by water from the areas past where the road ends.

The South End developement has moved a little quicker. Although they also don't have utilities past a certain point....they do have a road.

Several people have been living in the Basil Jones/Robles Point/Rocky Point area for a lot of years in total serene seclusion. A little piece of Heaven on Earth.
It's no wonder they would balk at the idea of resorts and developement crashing in on their paradise.

Unfortunately, the time has come. People are starting to build on those properties they have been dreaming about for years.
Everybody has a dream. Whether you are living here...and hoping nobody ever moves into your area....or living abroad and hoping that some day you too will have you slice of Heaven. The dream is the same....to have a piece of heaven....and get away from it all!

Since developement of this area is inevitable....why not form a planning committee NOW to oversee the developement? You may not be able to stop developement...but you can put some guidelines in place that will be beneficial to all concerned.

I suggest a meeting of all the landowners in the North End area and all who will be impacted. An open discussion of concerns and ideas....working together as a team to ensure that this area developes in such a manner that it remains as untouched as possible in the light of new developements.

Eventually, with the developement, will come the demand for goods and services. I forsee in the next 5 years, the beginnings of a new small town.
What could be better than seizing this golden opportunity to actually plan a town from the ground floor up?

The whole idea is exciting! A lot of hard work and planning will go into it...and ten years from now....we can all sit back and look at our new North End with pride and admiration and say...we were there at the beginning....WE made THIS happen!!

The time to fix things things is not after the fact....it's doing it RIGHT in the beginning so you don't have problems later.

If anyone is interested in putting together a meeting like this, please email me at [email protected]

We can discuss this issue all day long on the message board, the newspapers, over drinks, etc., etc. But unless we get up and actually DO something....it's pointless.

Now is the time to get things done! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 09-17-2000).]

I too am concerned with the little bit of paradise that I own up north.Sandshaker and I have already communicated about this and I am VERY interested in this movement.If you are a landowner or know someone that is please get in touch with Sandshaker.We can make this happen.

M
M
SandShaker!
You've got that right! I like their idea to develop more in the Corozal Zone but then again what will happen to it's beauty?

OP Offline
Thanks guys....this could be a really fun project. I'm sure it will be a royal pain in the butt along the way...but well worth it in the long run!

Nothing that is worth having is easy!

Let the planning begin!...LOL [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.