Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Don't get me wrong, I like techonology when it enriches our lives, but waht's going happen to "curling up in front of the fireplace with a good book" or "laying on the beach in AC under a palm tree and reading a book"and not having to worry when the battery is going to run down, or if I get sand in it or get it wet! I realize it will have lots of other benefits, but please don't let the printed page go away!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
nothing wrong with books. some with major pics i wouldn't want to read this way. but its a hell of an option.

COOL trojan!!!! tho me being an oregon duck we should totally dis each other :>

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've used a Palm III equivalent (actually made by a company called Handera, much better designed than the Palm) for reading books for at least 5 years now. Monochrome so I get about three weeks' intensive use on one recharge (compared to maybe a day with most of the current crop of devices). And mine has a very high resolution screen so it's easy to read small print. I currently have over 100 books on it, including the Bible (counting as one book), complete works of Shakespeare, all books by Dickens, Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, dictionaries and other reference works, and many others. Even so I'm using less than 5% of the capacity. This isn't new technology.

I also like reading a paper book, but it's so convenient to have so many works all in one compact package. And I have a diary, address book, memo pad, voice recorder etc all in the same package. Plus lots of computer games.

C
C
FOr those of you who have experienced Kindle or the Sony device--how is it on your eyes? I have tried to read books online, but it made my eyes tired almost right away. I am a voracious reader and much prefer the old-fashioned way so far.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than reading say a newspaper. even in the sun. also you can hit a button and make the text bigger and bigger

the best part is being lazy and not having to hold the book open no matter how fat it is, and just hit a button to turn the page. i also ama voracious reader. its awesome to have many many many books in one "book".

ps i NEVER read long things online. never ever. i used to print them and read the paper copy. now i send them to the kindle

Just got back from 10 days in San Pedro: read 4 1/2 books on my E Reader, sometimes in bright sun, and one night by the Full Moon.

No excess baggage charges this trip!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That's almost 1/2 book a day. No bars nearby?!

C
C
Kindle sounds real cool. It might reduce my book spending even! Or increase it!! HA!

2 flights, a 3 hour layover, a hotel in Denver each way, and the only bar night at Pedros on Sunday!

No TV where I stay, so a lot of reading....

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
I can personally attest to pug's willingness to imbibe.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.