Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just speaking from a recent personal experience.

The very first things and with the greatest emphasis that a new diver is taught before they even get near the water, is that they must exhale as they surface if they have been breathing pressurized air at depth.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

AND NEVER EVER HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
EXACTLY.

(though some underwater photogs do hold their breath whilst trying to get a shot, this is only done when maintaining the same depth and not to be encouraged in new divers whether they have a camera with them or not)

remember the #1 rule of scuba (never hold your breath, always breath) and be a responsible diver. Your safty is your responsibility.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Given the public concern over this unfortunate incident, do you think there should be an official and formal way of publicising all such incidents? All too many never see the light of day.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Breath holding - like all instructors I teach new divers that this is a no-no, whereas in fact I and all experienced divers do hold our breaths from time to time. The difference is that we know when to and not to do it.

Seashell - You are right but we don't like to admit it to anyone. Then just when you do some idiot below you lets out a blast of bubbles. LOL
I know -divers who are not photographers hate u/w photographers. A lesser known fact is that most u/w photographers don't like other divers. I can not tell you how many times I have patiently set up an award winning shot to have some S@$%Head dash in the stir up the whole scene.
Now - I've said it a feel better. I'll try not to do it for another four years.
I just read the other rant and needed to get even.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
ScubaLdy - you're talking about photographers in general, not just those under water.

The problem in this particular thread, Pedro2, is that we don't know what the accident was. All we've read here, is that a man died and what the doctor supposedly pronounced as the reason.

Jenny, you are quite right. We are each responsible for ourselves!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.