Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
How's the project going? (getting the playground equipment to AC)??

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
BY the way....How would we go about contributing to the transportation fund? Can't send much, but we'd like to at least send a bit!?

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA

Hi Tacogirl..hoping/figuring maybe you can tell us how/where we can send a donation for the playground transportation fund?? US personal check ok? or???
Thanks
N

Not TG, but the info is in the very first post.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Dita Offline OP
OP Offline
All,

We are still at around $3500.00 and a committment for another $200.00. We have received some info that there may be a different carrier willing to transport the playground and supplies for around $4000.00, so we are only a few hundred dollars from that total! We should know something a little more concrete on that in the next couple of days and I will post an update as soon as we know. Thanks again to all the generous boarders that are working to make this happen!

L
L
If I may offer some pre-construction suggestions. Someone should contact the manufacturer and get either an installation manual, parts list or at least a catalogue showing what the equipment looks like when assembled. If the manufacturer will not offer any assistance (liability and insurance issues) maybe an independent installer could help you. Any photographs you can take of an existing structure showing the types of bolts used would also help. Angles of "special items" like spiral slide or overhead climers will help when it comes time to attach them. Trust me, a container of plastic bits, wooden bits and metal bits will be very confusing. Plus find out if they kept the screws, nuts and bolts that held it together before. If not, you will have to replace them and you may not be able to find what is needed here, or it may be very costly to buy in San Pedro.

Dita Offline OP
OP Offline
There are several sets of VERY detailed blueprints that will accompany the set, which includes a list of parts needed; setup options, etc. All bolts/screws/hardware removed during the packing have been included as well.

K
K
The set of blueprints is already here at the school - it is over an inch thick and very detailed!

Dita, update on collecting of transportation money, please. smile

Dare To Deviate
Dita Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry guys, got a little behind on my updates. Last count, we were close to $5000. I will contact the church tomorrow for an accurate count. Thanks for everything you guys have done!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.