Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28500 10/05/00 11:53 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I just got the following email.. Must think we are idiots!****************************

Subj: belize fund
Date: 10/5/2000 10:39:09 AM Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]

Dear Belizemama,,i will be going down next week.I have
started a fund here in calif and would be happy to see
your money gets to belize....if you can send me the
cash only,i can get it there fast.Let me know how its
going?Im writting every one with funds to help get the
money to Belize Tom

#28501 10/05/00 12:14 PM
J
J
He has been running this scam with many different names. Hopefully, no one will ever, ever send cash to some unknown person. I did the credit card thingy to the Town Council.

#28502 10/05/00 01:48 PM
Belize Mama,

Those of us who have been around this and other Belize bulletin boards for some time know of this person who plagues Belize and those who care for it. We know who he is, but evidence is needed to put this guy where he belongs, perhaps in a mental institution where he can get help or incarcerated elsewhere to protect society.

Please SAVE the e-mail you got (not just text but the entire message including the source information at the bottom.)

In the past, he has done everything from libel to impersonating people to making false and malicious statements such as that a certain person is dead, or that a guest had been raped at a certain hotel, or that a certain hotel was destroyed or closed. All garbage.

But this time he has gone too far. What he has just sent you is probably enough to get not only his ISP involved but also the U.S., Canadian and/or Belize authorities involved. From the message, he appears to be fraudulantly seeking donated funds under false pretenses, and that is not just a mischief, it is potentially a criminal offense.

Please save and send the entire e-mail to Marty.

I also would encourage others who have received this person's hate mail to save their e-mail messages and if appropriate to contact the sender's Internet service provider and, if the mailing seems criminal, the police authorities. Also, send a copy of the e-mail messages to Marty.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#28503 10/05/00 03:09 PM
Lan,
I am so glad that there are people that are on top of this. I was a victim of his (or some other evil devil's)malicious crap this morning. He literally frightened me so badly I was shaking and crying for nearly an hour. Initially from grief, and then once I knew it was a farce, from just pure anger!! I know he thinks this is very funny, but if everyone does as you are directing, this sick person will be caught and punished appropriately. Thank you for the instructions, and after this morning you can bet I'll be watching.......
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 10-05-2000).]

#28504 10/05/00 03:37 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Dear Lan,
I already sent the whole message( and all that followed) to Marty. Actually the jerk sent me two which were both sent to Marty. Would you want it sent to you also? I want him stopped somehow. Thanks for taking time to tell me about him.

(a future retiree to AC)

[This message has been edited by Belize Mama (edited 10-05-2000).]

#28505 10/05/00 04:18 PM
If you've sent it to Marty, no need to send to me. If I need it I can get it from Marty.

I do urge each of you to at least e-mail the ISP shown on the e-mail message (it is probably Yahoo) and copy them with the message. The address for Yahoo is [email protected], and you can use a similar address for AOL or other ISP. The more complaints that are filed against this person, the easier it will be to get him off and keep him off.

Thanks.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
#28506 10/06/00 12:37 AM
D
D
Have you folks thought of using Webangels to track this/these idiot(s) down? They're non-profit volunteers that help out folks that are the victems of cyberstalking, etc. If this guy(s) a repeat offender, they might be willing to help. Esp. if he did get involved in a crime like cyber-fraud.

Bill

#28507 10/06/00 07:49 AM
If anyone believes he or she has been contacted by someone who is trying to get money for Belize hurricane relief under fraudulent circumstances, one option is to contact the National Fraud Information Center.

The Center will take an incident report and then pass along the report to police authorities in the U.S. or Canada and also will put the information in a fraud database.

You can report fraud on the Internet by calling 1-800-876-7060.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.