Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Two or three trips ago I chartered a 172 to the island for some photos prior to landing. Our pilot on that trip was from Canada. I did see somewhere (?) a quote from I think the owner of Tropic basically bragging that "all our pilots are Belizean" or something to that effect. That was a while back so don't hold me to the details but the point was clear.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
I doubt if you can find where that was said by anyone of the three owners of Tropic, since the chief pilot is from the US and they have had not only Canadian but Australian pilots. I am pretty sure you would find them saying they haven't had any semi-retired doctors as pilots and based on the stereotypical view of doctors as pilots, I doubt if they plan on hiring any.

S
S
This thread brings a thought to mind, the pot calling the kettle black.

Now, don't be too hard on him Simon just because he refered to cannabis and adopted a half black child. We don't want him discouraged from coming and performing all the medical procedures local doctors can't do and flying us around in his spare time when we want to island hop. He needs to keep busy when he is here so he doesn't keep bothering me for free investment adivce. smirk

Who knows, he might be a nice guy once you meet him in person. I think there was one person that said that of me. Or maybe that was Pedro 1 they were referring to.

bywarren you need to also google search pilot stastics in addition to the mutual funds. I'm glad you said "stereotypical" doctor pilot reputation. If you take the time to research that issue you will find that the #1 professional group that crash private planes the most are lawyers. The #2 leading group of private plane crashers are commercial pilots! I forget the rest of the order but doctors were way down the list. And yes I'm well aware of the V tailed Bonanza being called the "forked tailed doctor killer" that is one reason why most of my time is in Piper aircract which are known to be more forgiving than the Bonanzas.

And I hope you weren't really trying to take issue with or make fun of my creole daughter. Let's leave her out of any problem you may have with me. Bringing her into our little spat is going too far now!

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 06/15/08 08:03 AM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
If you are worried about flying a bonanza I sure wouldn't consider you a prospect for a commercial pilot.
And, I am not making fun of your daughter, you brought her into the discussion - I am making fun of you. grin

Originally Posted by SimonB
This thread brings a thought to mind, the pot calling the kettle black.

Or the pot calling the kettle bi-racial.

Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
One last bit of info for you to understand that our desire to live there has little to do with money. We recently adopted a creole baby girl.

For the record, and a bit off topic...

One of my cousins and his white spouse adopted one black kid and later found out that the mother had another and wanted to get rid of it. They took his brother as well. I fully respect them and you for taking on the responsibilities of another's offspring and loving them as your own. Add to that the fact that you knew, understood and accepted any difficulties in raising a bi-racial family, you are to be commended.

Incientally, my cousin moved to Paupa New Guinea though not for racial reaons... they are missionaries.

My wife and I had considered adopting and we've even briefly looked into adopting in Belize. It appears it's not really an option at the moment for so many frustrating reasons.

K
K
Never met a lawyer that wasn't first to the scene of the crash...

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
C
C
Belize-N-US
(a quote from I think the owner of Tropic basically bragging that "all our pilots are Belizean")

Tropic Air's present line pilot staff is all Belizean. It is something to brag about.

Very un-likely that a Dr. would meet the necessary requirements / qualifications anyway.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.