Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thank all of you for the information. Things are moving foward. I have to admit I was surprised when I talked to officers and they said they were part of the "National Police" and would only be there for a limted time then they were moved to other communities. Very different, but I can understand the rationale on both sides: but if one way is not working then try the other. The is a lot to say for an officer living in a community with his family and getting to know EVERONE. It does take a stron, honest person not to look the other way when a friend gets in trouble.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Have street signs on every corner and numbers on every building. The statement was "If you don't know where you are how can you tell the police, fire department or rescue people?"

The Honorable Manuel Heredia Jr. announced the following:
The civilian constable program is to be reinstated.
The Belize Defense Force is to have a visible presence here for at least the next year; rotating assignees every two weeks.
More police requested.

Scott Harnish of the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch announced that there are now 12 neighborhood watches and urged people to participate. Marilyn Marx has developed color coded street maps of the entire island and people can get a copy for their area from their neighborhood watch president.

A former police officer asked how it is that crack houses operate in full force but when there is a raid there is nothing there. Who is the tipster?

When anyone sees something illegal taking place call someone; police, your neighbors, etc. AND take pictures.

Straighten out sentencing. Longer sentences for major crimes while having one ganja cigarette gets many years.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I had a quiet word afterwards with one of the key people in police training, and he said the main reason people are now switched out quickly is that the longer they stay, the greater the likelihood that they will start getting offered and accepting bribes to do "favours". He agreed with me that really the only way to tackle this is to pay them more, especially here on AC where the cost of living is so high.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.