Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I ate at Hidden Treasures recently. It is very pretty. The staff were welcoming and the service was excellent. The house Merlot was a good wine and served correctly, at the right temperature. The menu was well thought out with lots of alternative options.

I thought that it was too dark. We couldn't really see what we were eating at all. The lobster chowder that I was served as an appetizer, was served at a lovely temperature. I thought that the fish stock was somewhat too strong and overwhelmed the flavour of the lobster, but it was not bad.

I had ribs served with baked potato and steamed veggie. The potato was a bit small and unappealing really. The steamed veggies were very good. The ribs were tender, tasty and generously portioned, but I felt that the sauce was too rich.

Overall it was a good dinner. It was a bit pricey for me when compared to some other excellent restaurants. For ambience, Hidden Treasures would be a great place for drinks and appetizers.

I am going to try it for lunch as I am sure it will be a completely different experience.

My favourite restaurants are Wild Mangos and El Fogon.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Colly, another hidden talent! smile

(package is in the mail tomorrow wink )

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
I had an early dinner at the Sunset Grill tonight. I joked with Kevin (the owner) that I knew about valet parking but valet walking was new to me! Do to the construction that obscures the restaurant he has a young man (dress as a waiter) at the street to assist people through the ruble and across the gang plank.

He has built a special pier on the sunset side of the dock out over the water and provides sardines for people to feed the tarpon. OK - he's prepared for the uproar.

Dinner was simple and delicious; bowl of lobster soup with tortilla chips and crispy coconut shrimp (from the appetizer menu) served with a wonderful papaya chutney. I usually don't care for sliced papaya but this was cubed and dressed with a wonderful lime sauce. Kevin sat a visited with me while I ate and was impressed that I ate the chutney. He and the chef feel badly that most people treat it like parsley and leave it on the plate.

He insisted on sending a desert home with me so I choose the key lime pie. I just ate it with my decaf coffee and it was yummy.

In spite of the construction mess he said business has been good.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Leah Ann. I hope you took the batteries out before you sent it.

www.conchcreative.com

We ate at Sunset Grill the other day at lunch time. The server was sweet - the food took forever and a day. It would have been fine if we had been out for a leisurely lunch, but we were on our lunch hour - good thing we don't have a boss!

The food was WELL worth the wait.

Watching the Tarpon feeding was entertaining too.

The rubble and construction is inconvenient but certainly didn't detract from the ambiance of the restaurant once you crawl past the mess.

All in all, a must try location.

The Hidden Treasure is great for lunch. I haven't been for dinner but lunch is always tasty, good service, fair price.

Colly - What is the price range of the Hidden Treasure for dinners? Or comparable to what other restaraunt prices on the island? I have an upcoming event planned there on someone's recommendation and am hoping it won't break the bank! ;-)

Originally Posted by collyk
Leah Ann. I hope you took the batteries out before you sent it.

But of course, girl! You're gonna have to get your own batteries! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Hi Barbara,

It seemed about $29 - $48 BZD for main courses. Can't really remember the prices of the appetizers (I did say the Merlot was good). It seemed to be similar in price to Wild Mangos or El Divino.

Smart girl Leah Ann, don't want to attract the interest of customs.

www.conchcreative.com

Thanks.

I'm guessing a portable wine chiller? laugh

I've already told you more than I know.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.