Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#289632 07/21/08 09:48 AM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
There is so often an ongoing dilemma in life as to whether the truth at all costs is the best policy, or if the feelings of the person with whom one is conversing should be paramount when answering questions?

Anyone who is married or in a long term relationship will be acutely aware of this minefield!

To me, quiet time is when I can read undisturbed: to my lovely wife Mrs Pug, quiet time is when she can hit me with an unending stream of unconnected thoughts and questions in an effort to disrupt whatever it is I am obviously planning if I am sitting quietly smile

Dilemma is as follows: Do I take time away from my book to say "No, those battered Brockolini do not look like the sort of food I would enjoy for dinner" or do I just grunt and say " yes, looks great".

Yes. I got it wrong, an inherent problem with appeasement, by the way!

Just when I was expecting food, a strange plate of Zucchini, Brockalini and Courgettes, all battered in some sort of ground up cos cos was presented with a flourish and great pride.....

This morning she is speaking to me again, but last night was tense.

Jane was convinced I didn't love her anymore and refused to talk to me, which is apparently meant to be some sort of punishment, so please don't ever let her know otherwise smile

Bruce our Aussie Shepherd (I know there are way to many Bruce/Jane combinations on this board!) was totally confused. The best part of dinner from a canine point of view is getting to lick leftovers from dad's beard and mustache, and I really wish I'd had a camera to capture his expression!

Dad, WTF? Brockalini?

This morning I had sausages smile

Jane is again twittering while I read

This morning my dog is happy!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
grin grin grin

Pug,

You need to watch out, that stuff gives a dog WICKED gas!

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.

Anyone who is married or in a long term relationship will be acutely aware of this minefield!
[/quote]

Pug: Looks to me like you aren't just navigating the minefield, but also poking the mines with a stick.

Good luck.

btw, I truly enjoy reading many of your posts as they are quite comical and/or thoughtful/thought provoking. Thanks.

It's great to be .....

i strongly suggest you re-arrange your reading time to be while Jane is asleep. that is assuming you really mean 'quiet time'.

otherwise, any time a man is sitting still is a good time for wives to see them as a 'captive audience'. the bathroom is a wonderful example of this laugh

Janie, serious? While he's "sitting still" in the bathroom? Yikes! not my choice of either time or place for a conversation of any substance! sick

I am a really good cook, but everyone can have an off day. When first married I prepared a dinner that didn't turn out so well. My husband's oh-so-graceful response was "You don't have to make that again." I think they call it tact... wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Pug, we are never right, no matter the issue or subject. All of the men, who have been or are married, sympathize. I faced that many times over my "married time of life", but never got it RIGHT! Probably why I'm divorced. Good luck: may the Gods smile down on you and bless you with understanding, or just make you Psychic!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Originally Posted by azbob
Pug, we are never right, no matter the issue or subject. All of the men, who have been or are married, sympathize.
azbob, sorry to hear of your experience frown I hope you don't think it's really like that for all men - or that it takes psychic abilities. Understanding, a willingness to compromise and some basic consideration generally suffice wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
Harry Reid/Nancy Pelosi compromise, as in "see it my way or you'll never get laid again", or real compromise where both parties learn to give a little?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
OMG, a politicial marriage. Can you imagine the babies from that pair?

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.