Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
J
I don't think there are any real problems with the foundations at Reef village. I think one of the early buildings had a problem that required a repair but the pilings were all driven to rock thereafter. They are not built in soft mud. I think they are well done for the money and Reef village is a nice area. My wife much prefers her Reef village condo to our much more expensive one across the road. The comments about preconstuction financing are good, one must be very careful about it. The legal system in Belize is not the same as the US (thank God) but the buyer has less recourse. I personally feel that there is more corruption in Belize than in the US but far less than Mexico for example.

I'm not convinced the Belize N Us and boastboy aren't the same guy.

Either way, I don't have time for hecklers right now.

And now a word from a 30 year veteran Construction Project Manager who is not making a dollar on any of it. First let me say that where Reef Village is you can build responsibly. But when putting the pilings in to bedrock you really ought to use a pile driver, (2,000 per cost.) to do it. Not your back-hoe going tap tap. Ergo settling. Then once the grade beams, tie beams, drag structures, and shear walls, and slabs are in, use as much stuccoed foam as possible to keep the weight down.

Also let me say for the people who are so concerned about the Mangroves, the ones that truly had a relationship with the reef were the ones many on you removed from the front of the island. The back has mostly black mangrove and practically nothing lives on it. It's like a desert back there. Go see for yourself. It does however protect land from erosion so a good idea to keep it at most shorelines. I personally think building a copy of Southbeach is lame and it would not become bustling like Miami's Ocean Drive. But Marina style communities? By all means. Should have saved the front and done those there in the first place. Mini processing plants are quite capable of handling all the sewer and water needs. When I have gone back there I envisioned the same thing. It's almost there already. When you dredge back there fish show up and we need places where fish can go to spawn and the young can grow. This could be Man assisting rather than hurting assuming it's done right. Go to the back of town mangroves and walk in the shallows. You'll see baby snapper and many more that are in 2 inches of water where it's safe. If I were King I would make the developers provide some area for trees for bird nesting. I live in an area near Marina's Market that has the last amount of trees left to harbor birds nesting and the green iguana's etc. The lots are already marked, sold, and will soon be built on. There are no more areas like it south of the bridge. Say goodbye to many of our migrating birds. Knowledge is Power. We're paving Paradise. All of us. So think, act, or STFU and get out of the way. Last let me say we have an opportunity to be examples of Man coexisting with nature here. Lets not blow it. Has to work, has to pay. Not an easy proposition. But worth it. There are hundreds of islands along this reef. This island is mostly destroyed already. Whatever can be done to help is a plus. Over 80% of the positive relationship between the Reef, Sea grass, and front (red) mangroves had, is non existent. Every camera battery the tourists have brought here since day one that were not taken away by them are in the ground and so groundwater and reef. The ground is toxic. The Bottled water we all get from Bowen's has the number 7 inside the triangle which means it's the one with the bad carcinogen in it. So we're going to see cancer, mercury, and lead poisoning and god knows what else as time goes on. I love it here but sometimes because we want the commerce and don't want to scare it off we don't say things we should. OK. I feel better. Please send any complaints to yourselves. lol

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
true Lover-you are a 30 year construction manager-for 4 years you have not had a job here -other than living in other peoples houses or attempting to sell property(unsuccessfully)

I thought this thread was to notify us when and where the South Beach hearing is to take place.

Reality..What a concept!
I'm sorry. Pedro. Did you actually have something to say or just wanna throw stones loser? Because last I heard if ya know em ya owe em and if you sold all you had you might almost be able to break even. You're just a grumpy old man. Get a life.

Last edited by TrueLover; 09/02/08 01:09 PM.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
oh! all of a sudden a thread is supposed to be what it says it is supposed to be? what a novel idea...

ps - i'll give ya a bz dollar if the meeting actually happens at all.

B
B
For a woman who says she doesn't have time for this, she has 2,275 posts. Obviously her real estate business isn't keeping her busy enough. We're all accountable for the destruction and we'll attack a person and call them a complainer. Too bad you didn't raise the flag years ago.

B
B
And Truelover, Pedro has now taken a personal attack at you and your character. Petty on his part.

And you think the politicians are bad. Look at the way these attacks are flying around. Nothing will ever get done without actual communication.

BTW, it takes two or more parties discussing (speaking and listening) particular subjects whether in agreement or not for talking to be considered a conversation. Otherwise the speaking is naught but mere banter.

Get it together. pick a side and discuss things properly and publicly.

It's great to be .....

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.