Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Dita #318621 01/14/09 03:02 PM
E
E
Dita, Isle told me 28 days smile

I can't even keep up with it all and I live here and blog full time. smile

Was same for changes in our old neighborhood in Canada and the surrounding areas of Little Italy and China Town.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

E
E
OK speaking of Caye Coffee, since it's no longer available is there decent ground coffee available in it's place? I gots to have my coffee out on on the dock first thing in the morning.

Any suggestions?

God Bless The Reef!
S
S
very good Guatemalan coffee at Island Super

P
P
Premium Wines also have fresh beans and will grind them in the shop for freshness and to the courseness of choice - I have their Espresso every morning and it's great. If you want a taster I believe Island Perk on the other side of the steet sells their Coffee.

Phil #318691 01/14/09 10:49 PM
E
E
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions. That's the first provision I'll be looking for when I get there next Saturday.

God Bless The Reef!
J
J
We just got home from having dessert at Casa Picasso, and I was sad to hear that Chris/Beachy had left here and returned to the States. We still had wonderful drinks and great desserts, but it just makes me sad. Jean

JeanH #318755 01/15/09 11:06 AM
I'm quite fond of Gallon Jug coffee - provided that it is the whole bean and then ground very fine.

L
OP Offline
L
Oh, I do check the boards. This last one was my 3rd trip to the island and I monitor it regularly, but I guess I was just silly in thinking that it would be more helpful to all visitors (and locals) if all this info was in one place instead of forcing them all to search individually for every single possible restaurant or store to find out what's still on the island and what's not. Having everyone search the board for ones that they didn't even know had come and gone would be especially fun. And no, there's nothing wrong with asking questions before you come... I actually do it all the time. But heaven help the poor posters who dare to ask about something that's already been posted about but they can't find because it's buried in the middle of some off topic thread. It's really so much fun to watch them get their heads bitten off by some of the the ever so helpful people here who'd rather spit out "check the board" or "don't you know how you use the search function" than give some useful feedback to the questions.

As for who would possibly "have the time" to update this apparently troublesome list, well, of course it would be too much for one person to handle, which is why I suggested it could be a regular thread (though maybe flagged to stay at the top of the page so it didn't get buried) and whoever knew something had opened or closed or moved would just post something to that effect. Really no different from what everyone does now except it would all be handy in one easy to find spot. A simple "no, that's not feasible" or "no, there's no need to make things any easier than they need to be" would have sufficed.

I really wonder if it's just the email/faceless format of this board because most of the people I meet in person when I visit the island are very polite and helpful. Here, more often than not, someone makes a well intentioned suggestion or asks a legitimate question, and they're lucky they don't get their head handed to them. What's the deal, do people actually have to live on the island? No, I take that back. It's not reserved specially for non-residents, sometimes residents treat each other the worst. I guess you're just damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I have to agree on search function I never have much luck finding what I need and often have got help to do so.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.