Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Kathy...Thanks for your input; by the way, what does the "Cap'n" by your name mean? Do you have a dive boat? Just curious...I've seen it next to several names and wondered about it. Were your folks staying at the BYC longterm, or thru a timeshare program? I know they have had some damage to repair after the storm, but it almost sounded from what you said that they were unhappy for other reasons. Can u elaborate? Dawn

O
O
Dawn---Glad you got things worked out with BYC--don't let them give you the runaround when there. Make sure they treat you right.I'm surmising that the deal you have is all-inclusive...is that right? That can be a very sweet deal if you are at the right resort. Hope you have a wonderful trip and watch out for those panty-rippers!

The BYC has had a l...o...n...g history of problems between management (various managements) and condo owners. Going back five years at least. It started as a condo, went timeshare, then tried to go back to hotel status, added a "meeting" center, started emphasizing timeshare again, and the story continues and continues and continues.

Anyone who has spent even a few weeks on Ambergris Caye would know this. Whether they would tell you this is another matter.

As an aside to the query about it being an all-inclusive: The BYC is not now and never has been an all-inclusive. There are no true all-inclusives on Ambergris Caye, and only two in all of Belize.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
D
OP Offline
D
As "Cap'n" Sluder stated, BYC is NOT all-inclusive, but we don't have to pay for lodging since we traded our week in Florida for permission to stay there (Just an exchange fee, plus the maintenance fee at our home resort). I'm sure they'll get some $ out of us, somehow!! I'm just glad I have a bed to crash in!
P.S.I still want to know about all u "captains" out there!

Dawn,
Did you ever see "Yellowbeard"? Just think of James Mason's character, and you've got a good idea what the Cap'n is for!

Hi Dawnskers,

The "Cap'n" title has been given to a few people who assist Marty to administer the board. It simply means "administrator". Marty is the chief administrator.

Hope this answers your query.

**Jim

**Jim
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks, guys! Hope to see some of you on one of our dive trips, or out and about on the island...I'll be the one with the s___-eating grin on my face; so happy to be able to make our trip after all! [Linked Image]

K
K
From what I understand it depends on what "side" you stay on at BYC...one side is given preference to the other side..as far as phone hook up etc. Don't quote me on that though.

As for the Cap'n thing...Marty gave me Cap'n status to give him a hand moderating the board when the hurricane hit. I don't really need the Cap'n status now..but I kinda like it. :-)

I'm living way up north in Alberta and really don't know a thing about Belize or the Islands. I've never been there, but do have an interest in SP where my parents live. I like to keep up on the information that is on this board, so when my parents email me..I know what they are talking about. I also hope to make friends on this board..so whenever I am rich enough to visit my folks..I can meet others in person that I have met on this board.

D
OP Offline
D
Sounds like a good idea, Kathy...I sure have enjoyed the info I've found on these message boards. Wish I'd discovered them a long time ago! Would have avoided some mistakes, I'm sure! [Linked Image] Bet it's COLD up there in Alberta...will try to send some sunshine up your way while we're on our trip! Stay warm! And enjoy those "Cap'n" perks! Dawn

K
K
dawnskers...

Damn COLD...-30 today for us country bumpkins. It's -27 in the city. Would appreciate all the sun you can send!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.