Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Texican #339232 05/28/09 06:00 AM
They are not stranded without air service. La Costena still services them.

Originally Posted by deadserious
I know I'm hoping for a bar and snack stand.

there already IS one - it's called The Lime and is only 10 steps across the way. wink

by - as usual, what you said makes sense to me.

What? and cross all that traffic just for a beer?

And if you want your first or last AC breath of sea air and cold Belikin you can walk through the alley and park yourself on a BC's bar stool smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela #339332 05/28/09 01:24 PM
Now you're talkin', Gela!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
i was gonna say that too, u guys, but knowin' that folks like poor ole ds can't even muster the energy to walk across the street to lime, i cant' fathom they'd go all the way down the block to the beach. (just teasing, ds - all in fun, dude.)

gotta say, i spend as little time at the tropic terminal as i have to. cant wait to leave it upon arrival, and savoring every last second of sand,sea & palms till i have to board.

Originally Posted by bywarren
I can't see where the new terminal will add to the profitability of Tropic
Centralizing the operations that used to be run out of 3 buildings, into one central location certainly has to increase efficiency. Selling the 2 other locations (3rd will become a part of the runway) or not renting them anymore and not renovating (they are all more than due) helps to pay for construction.

Tropic Air is located here on Ambergris Caye and therefore it makes sense to have their headquarters in a representable building. For tourists traveling, the airport where they arrive on the island is their first impression of Ambergris Caye, so that can cost a little extra imho.

Live and let live
Short #339631 05/31/09 07:57 AM
That would make sense Short, if that were the case, but it is not. The only building being replaced at this time is the old terminal. The new terminal building does not consolodate or eliminate anything other than the old terminal.

And, I think the first impression tourist get flying into San Pedro is a birdseye view of the dump, sewage treatment plant and DFC. wink

I assume that was in somebody's Master Plan.

Have to admit -- upon arrival on my first flight into AC, I was wondering what Mrs. O. was thinking I had gotten her into. It's a good thing we were till reeling over the wonderful flight over the water.

It's become a tradition to park my bags at BCs and wait til the last possible moment to schlep over to the terminal. Lime is great too!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Originally Posted by bywarren
That would make sense Short, if that were the case, but it is not. The only building being replaced at this time is the old terminal. The new terminal building does not consolodate or eliminate anything other than the old terminal.

It was my understanding that they were moving their corporate offices into the new terminal as well. Where are you getting your information?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.