Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
K
I'm far from skilled, but there's a nice cheap camera out there by Go Pro. I fished with this guy last spring http://vimeo.com/4792092 The camera straps to your chest or head, or, at the end of this video, it was taped to the end of a stick.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
P
P
Colin - I do remember the word "Suprema", so I guess it probably is.

Several years ago at DEMA I bought a 12 megapixal small camera that was made by Nikon but with a different name. They said they were going to develop a housing. It was less than $150 US and were selling like hot cakes. I used mine for a couple of years as a land camera and loved it. You could print poster sized pictures with excellent resolution.

Then it fell off my golf cart into a very muddy puddle. I had turned on a lot of people to their website but when I went to replace mine it had been taken over by a Japanese outfit and raised the price and no housing.

The technogolgy is out there. I want to hear more about this new one.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by Peter Jones
I've just seen the results from a new camera that Rudy (Island Divers) brought back from DEMA. As good as most pictures I've seen from any compact at any price. The complete assembly, camera and housing good for 140ft, sells for just over US$100, and will be part of his shop's regular stock.

wow, I wish I would have known about this before I bought a $200us housing for a $400us cannon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T2I6P4/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
$65us

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
Not that I don't want to give Rudy my business, but getting it from Amazon is too great a saving for me to pass up.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Spec's seem to indicate 115ft and no flash. apples & apples?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Rated to 115ft..looks like it has a built in flash but no external flash/strobe connection.
I don't know the camera but its basically a regular 5mp P/S with an U/W housing...as long as the housing is good thats a great price at $65 and IMHO an ideal entry level UW camera package

Colin

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
This reminds me of the old Aqua Shot that you loaded with the one use film cameras. I started with this and lost two of them; they floated right off my arm.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
I just went to a camera show and took a seminar in underwater photo. The camera used was the new olympus it took good photos and can be used without housing underwater to 30ft and also has a housing that can be purchased. I have the sea and sea and for the amount of time I get to dive it works well.

I figured at $65 (well $70 with delivery to my sis's house in San Fran), it is a good start for me, since I haven't ever wanted to take pictures under water. We'll see how this works out for me, whether I want to do it or not, or whether I will find that it takes away from my zenlike state of mind, when at depth.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.