Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
June 16, 2006. I was scouring the internet for information on Belize, when I ran across a seemingly innocent web page by the name of Ambergriscaye.com. I looked through the various links that were there then happened to click on the message board link���� Who would have ever known the possibilities that lay ahead? Well, I don't know about anyone else, but that day, three and a half years ago, a transformation was about to take place that I would have never guessed could happen in MY lifetime. I will spare the boring details. (And after 9 trips down there, there have not been MANY boring details.. but I digress)
I am truly amazed at the friendships I have formed with various people from around the globe. And when I chose to return to school, I was even more surprised at the outpouring of support and guidance from my friends and allies. I would like to thank each and every one of you who helped me with questions, offered encouragement or just listened to me whine�
After much hair-pulling (of my own, not on the board, although it came close a time or two) late nights driving to and from school, late nights studying and just plain old south Texas stubbornness, I am MORE than happy to announce�����
I DID IT!!! I will take my last class on February 18th. I walk the stage on February 13th in San Antonio, Texas with Suma cum Laude. For someone who first thought this was not possible (me) I somehow found the strength and support to get it done. Yes, there were a few who were extremely helpful in this endeavor,( which they will have a surprise waiting for them when I see them in February) but I just wanted to extend a "thank you" to all who wished me luck or even said a prayer for me.
What I have found with the ACMB is a wealth of friendship, comrade, knowledge, help and love that even the most stone hearted will admit to. (although they will have to be held underwater, hit with a nine iron or denied Belikin for the rest of their natural born days) While we may act like everyone's dysfunctional family on our best days and enemies on our worst, we still share a love for an island off the coast of Belize called Ambergris Caye.

Take the road less traveled
RMT Offline
Congratulations to you DCG!!!
You must be so thrilled with your accomplishments. Best of luck and I am sure this trip in February will be extra sweet for you. Continued good luck...Rhonda

Start preparing your liver now -- that's all I have to say. smile

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
L
L
Dedication, determination and desire (the "3 D's) are at it again! I remember those days long ago - the worst part for me was not being able to travel because of classes, studying, repeat for 8 years. So worth it....

Congrats on your accomplishment and have fun in February!

Congrats girl! What an accomplishment!! Fantastic.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Lydia, what a great accomplishment. You deserve it for all your hard work. Here is a big:
WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DAMN, NOW I OWE YOU MORE BEER!

You better jump the first day you are there, because after that someone will have to pour you out of the plane!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
And another congratulations to you. Someday, somewhere, we WILL share a beer or two. Or maybe, after you land a great job, a martini might be more to your tastes. laugh

Set your sights high, and don't be afraid. Life takes you in strange directions, but every little nudge you give it in the right direction can have wondrous effects.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
CONGRATS ,TO YOU ...LOTS OF PEOPLE TALK THE THE ,TALK ,BUT FEW GET TO WALK THE WALK ..I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU..
XOXOXOXO HAVE A LIVING THE DREAM WALK...LOVE YAAAAAA.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I
I
Congratulations!!! See you in Feb. smile

DCG, I conversed with you via message board about your first trip. I live in San Antonio. And I was a late bloomer as well in terms of an undergrad degree. I know how good it feels to have that tucked under your belt. Many congrats and enjoy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.