Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
D
$200K without land is quite a price.Is that what it would cost to build back again? My wood house with some concrete pillars cost US$43K to build on South island.I think on AC they charge a lot more for the same construction.

Last edited by Dane; 04/07/10 01:16 PM.
R
ron Offline
R
Its a wood house on the north island of Caye Caulker. It was for everything in the house as well. It included my wind turbine, batteries and inverter which cost about $22,000US by themselves that's before duties and taxes. With those added to the costs and installation cost your talking about close to $30,000. Just the wood alone I spent about $40,000us in Spanish Lookout and Shipyard. Add in people's wages to building, if you pay reasonable and the cost go up. The house is about 2,000 sf.

Last edited by ron; 04/07/10 01:31 PM.
R
ron Offline
R
Dane, when did you build? By the way, I didn't spend that much but it was the amount my builder asked the insurance company to insure the house for.

Last edited by ron; 04/07/10 01:34 PM. Reason: add info
D
D
Originally Posted by ron
I got a quote of just over $7,000US to insure my house on CC from RF&G. That was for hurricanes and everything. They put a value of $200,000US on the house. My house also has may fire extinquishers and does have a fire sprinkler system. Its expensive and I'm still not sure whether its worth it.

From one who has had the mega claim, it is only worth it when you need it. However when you need it, you may really need it as we did.

I was just going to say that "No one needs insurance until they need it and then they REALLY need it". Just ask anyone who has lost their home to fire with no insurance. I know a couple of people like that and I also know a family that were insured. Even being insured, the loss was painful, the recovery from insurance company long, detailed and agonizing process, but in the end, they have a beautiful brand new home, filled with lovely replacement items. Of course, they still lost their dog, and their memories and family momentos, but it could have been alot worse.

Take pictures of all of your insured items, house, equipment, belongings, etc, make lists, keep receipts, etc. and store these in a safety deposit box or some place other than your home. Should you ever REALLY need them, they will be ever so helpful when it comes to filing your claim.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by Marty
billybob is a long time weirdo. IGNORE his insanity. he just LOVES to stir up trouble. he's been banned (again) let me know if you see him under another name....

why don't you just ban his IP? Or is he a moving target there as well?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
What about any innocent people with the same IP?

ahhh, good point. And you would likely know that to be the case. Never mind.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
I don't know what you are implying but I don't know anything more than what I posted. This issue has come up before and Marty has explained about IPs covering a number of people. Certainly true here in Belize. You need to explain your comment...if you have any cojones...

E
E
grin

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.