Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Check at the Department of Immigration and Nationality. I haven't seen a form available online.

We were told 14 days total and when I went to go get the forms at Immigration they made me go get our last plane flight info to verify that we fell within that limit as it was not clear from our passport stamps. I do know at least one person who had the 14 day consecutive and not total so it really does vary. Check with immigration and just follow what they tell you.

You might find this helpful...
http://tacogirl.com/2009/01/belize-visas/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
S
For me they checked the days that were stamped in my passport and counted up the days I was out of the country.

We never left Belize for 12 months so we did not have this problem.

Seems to me that if you want permanent residency you should be prepared to do a little to deserve it - like actually living here.
I see nothing wrong with the idea that a prospective immigrant should earn their residency by staying in country for one unbroken stretch of 11.5 months out of their whole life.
Grab a beer, take a seat, go fishing - you have a perfect excuse to chill out for a whole year!! That is a GOOD thing.

even tho it didn't work out for me with the residency, i have to agree with diane...wish the u.s. had something like this in place...

I agree the year passes pretty fast it is not really a big deal waiting and our paperwork went through fairly quickly. When we went for our interview in Belmopan and I saw all the big lopsided stacks of files everything suddenly made sense.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
Diane,
Well true, we have had residency for 7 yrs now. With 3 years prior in work permits,,and now very active with the Humane Society on Caye Caulker.actually started it.you do need to deserve to live here!!!!,
However..I am an elderly person that needs to go to the States for health issues..I have a large family in the States that are actively having children I would like to see, and what I have been trying to say in all these post is The Immigration Department are humane beings..The desk clerks wont work with you because they cant. The Director will and can work with you.
Diane you got it all wrong...those that dont have the right stuff to be here will fail anyway. Those that can meet the requirements its all good..those that need to have a few compensations made are no less deserving of living here....The Director of Immigration knows what he is doing when he waives requirments,.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
What about dual residency US and Belize

S
S
No problem

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.