Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38670 05/05/01 03:27 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Okay everyone, I need help. It was one month today that Karin and I left for Belize. Since today is Cinco De Mayo, we want to celebrate San Pedro style, so we need to know what all would have gone in the Rum Punchs we drank there everyday? I know rum and fruit juices, but I don't want to waste my time experimenting to much, so can someone, anyone help out a thirsty girl and her buddy. Thanks everyone, I know I have come to the right place to ask this question.
I am at my bar waiting for the ingredients, don't let me down. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl
Debbie

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#38671 05/05/01 07:50 PM
Pany-rippers? Coconut Rum and Pineapple juice.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#38672 05/06/01 10:44 PM
can't believe no one had an answer, if i knew, i'd told ya!!! I like the Coconut Rum straight up. Especially if it's Travelers!! Rum Punch is different from a Panty Ripper

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 05-06-2001).]

#38673 05/06/01 11:39 PM
D
D
Hey Punta Chick!!!
now, don't hold me to this, but, all i did was put a search on the web. now of course, AC probly has it's own secrets, but since no one was answering, i thought i'd at least leave ya this.....

Ingredients:
One part sour (lime juice)
Two parts sweet (sugar)
Three parts strong (rum)
Four parts weak (water)
I particularly recommend key limes, raw sugar, Mount Gay red rum, and rainwater, but the only part I would insist on is that it should be red rum, not white and not dark.

Procedure:

Simple, just dump everything together!

Serving:
Serve over ice, grate nutmeg on top, and there you are!

ok, don't know if'n this is even close, but that's one of the many online that i found.... good luck!!!
(the rain water made it sound close.....)

#38674 05/07/01 05:41 AM
Right on Diann. That recipe hails back to circa 1750 and is the original recipe for Rum Punch.

It has been slightly refined today to include a 50/50 mix of Mount Gay red rum and an overproof white rum. I used Clarkes Court white 140 overproof (Grenada) but any one would do. You end up with a 110 proof punch.

Also, an ingredient that gives it a fantastic taste and colour is "Angostura Bitters". The recipe I used said add enough for colour and taste. For about 400 ounces or 10 x 40 ouncers, I used 1/2 a small bottle of Angostura Bitters.

Serve in a clear glass any size, full of cracked ice, and garnish with fresh grated nutmeg. Delicious.

It will never go off taste and I used to keep it on board in the galley for many weeks.... well not too many weeks (it was too good), but it was in direct sunlight under a window.

It makes a great rum punch and it's smooth and gentle until you begin to stand up.....

PS - The "sweet" should be sugar syrup to make it mix completely. 50% white sugar and 50% water brought to a boil and cooled. Keep in a container in the fridge and use it any time you need to make more punch mixture.

Have fun,

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 05-07-2001).]

**Jim
#38675 05/07/01 07:50 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Thank God you all finally answered me. I thought my buds had left me in my time of need. Well, you all did get back to me too late, but my husband and Karin's managed to come up with an almost exact replica of what we had in SP, and they weren't even with us. So mission accomplished and for a short period of time, I thought Karin and I were back in SP. But seriously, thanks to everyone who did come around and give me some help. I will file away the recipes and save them for my next SP celebration!!!!
Have a happy Monday everyone,
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.