Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
I agree with Sandy - you are better off "eye balling" the places prior to committing to a long term lease. Even if it means moving twice.

Viking Offline OP
OP Offline
I think that is what we are going to do. Just trying to get a "feel" for it right now.

Thumbprint Art -- Raw -- Powerful -- Emotion --
You can rent at Royal Palms in the short term also. I rented for 30 days before moving in(I think it was $800 USD for the month). I would suggest doing that instead of living in town at first because I can guarantee that you dont want to live in town. If you dont have a golf cart or a motorcycle, it can be a little far from town, but its only $3.50 USD to catch a ride into town with a cab. I ride my bike every day and it takes I rented my first unit for 30 days through M&M Rentals and I liked it a lot down here so I moved in for a year. Send me a PM and I can give you a couple people's contact info at M&M if you want them. I was very happy with my experience over all.

PJ
S
S
deleted

Last edited by Marty; 09/16/10 08:40 PM. Reason: gossip and innuendo
Viking Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I love sarcasm, I am extremely sarcastic. Actually sounds like it would be fun to watch so who needs a tv. Ill just carry a remote (my door) and when I'm done watching, go in. Oh. I like the "pee-on" bit. I'm moving to leave some of the bureaucracy at bay, and to live my dream while I can! Maybe I can add fuel, he new episode daily.

Thumbprint Art -- Raw -- Powerful -- Emotion --
T
T
Good luck with the move Viking, Royal Palms is a great stepping stone for moving down . A good majority of "local gringos" that Live at R.P. for all the above reasons. You won't regret the move, and you may just like the Royal Palms !

Last edited by Tim Callanan; 09/17/10 02:17 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by slowlyretiring
deleted

Haha, I guess Marty didnt like my reply. Oh well, Viking got to see it before it was removed. Just to clarify, I am not spreading rumors about anyone(thats why I didnt say who each rumor was about). I am just trying to let the guy know what he is getting into at RP. Just like anything, it has its ups and its downs.

So here is a question....if I would have been specific and told stories of actual verifiable occurrences, then would it have not been deleted? because those would be MUCH more fun to tell. smile

BUT SLOWLY RETIRING you did it to cause trouble.as you enjoyed playing your silly games it is only the people who live there who know the real deal .I will call viking and share the good things as well as the bad I love it there .but I am the only one who can say whats the real story as I live there ,You on the other do know jack shit about the place only what you hear ..? or make up .?
I love people like you .LOL.Not.

Living The Dream Every Day!
T
T
Love ya Jeff, cant wait to see you buddy smile

S
S
HAHAHAHA, so vulgar & angry. And yes, I do know. I've read the emails from Frank, Liz, Bill, etc. Uh oh...I guess I'm more in the loop than you realize. So lets just ease up a little. Unfortunately, I know way more than I would ever want to, and a WHOLE lot more than any of the other owners would want me to.

My friends live at RP and fill me in on all the fun stuff, but either way, its still a nice place to stay and I love the pool. The beaches arent too bad at all. The sand is nice and soft down there, but it draws in a bunch of locals too, so it can be a little crowded on the weekends, but nothing bad. It not South Beach or anything, but its just more people than you see on the beach in town generally. It would be better so that people like me and my friends could use the beach chairs since they are for the owners and guests, but the locals come down to the beach and just pile 3 people on each one, while the "security guards" just sit around and watch them.

It is extremely nice being that close to El Divino restaurant. The food is excellent and the service has been great every time I have ever been in. Little outdated decor, but thats pretty much everywhere other than Hidden Treasure (or the newer resorts up north). Hidden Treasures is also a very good place to eat as well and it probably has the best ambiance of any restaurant within 2 miles of the town center.

Another place that seems to be pretty popular for long-ish term rentals is Perla Escondida. Just had a friend rent there, but I've never been inside or checked it out at all. Seems like its pretty similar prices to RP. Beach isnt quite as good though, but its probably 3/4 of a mile closer to town.

Last edited by slowlyretiring; 09/17/10 03:11 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.