Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by wonderwoman
Duh, we have 17 classrooms, ELBERT!!!!!!

Yes Elbert do the math: 25 students to a class X 17 classrooms = 425 - 3 is 422!
Seriously, glad to hear that you'll go look at it. It's amazing what can be done with so little.....brings tears to my eyes and makes me realize how fortunate I was to have the education I had here in the US.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Originally Posted by elbert
yes mam, I drop by, i owe your that

Don't forget to bring your wallet with you smile

Just talked to Vernon, the $4 million was NOT $4,000,000. That was a misprint! Was $4,000.00 US.

Can't find my plane...
Originally Posted by wonderwoman
Just talked to Vernon, the $4 million was NOT $4,000,000. That was a misprint! Was $4,000.00 US.

Sounds more reasonable Linda.......they could have buildt another Harvard for $4 million!

As much as $4 mil was ridiculous, doesn't $4000 seem pretty light?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

T
T
Anyone who hasn't spent some time at Holy Cross should stop by and do the tour. I have been taking visitors there for several years and I don't think any of them have left without being truely impressed with what is being done there. Vernon, Francis,and the staff have done wonders with the little that they have to work with. The children are being given a chance to succeed in a world where they would have little or no chance without holy Cross.

P
P
I think Mr. Wilson is attempting to rewrite history. He started Holy Cros in an attempt to cut a deal with gov't for a large marina that would have destroyed the public beach and the ability to build a four story condo development , which in fact set precedent for all the real high buildings going up now.
It is the responsibility of gov't to build schools and educate students. Because of this wheeling and dealing, we have a substandard facility that's over crowded and the Wilsons want town council to clean up the mess.
I disagree with the statement that these students would have no where to go without Holy Cross. There are schools available . Many of these students attend HC because of the free food which is a great thing and should be implemented in all SP schools. The country of Belize takes education seriously.
Oh might I add, there was also an attempt by the Wilson to get an additional 36 acres of land which, thank goodness did not happen.

Well said Pam, my brother is and has been a teacher for over 20 years in Belize and has told me it is LAW that 5 year olds go to school. If it is the law then it is up to the Town to make places for them at school.

Last edited by Inplub; 10/09/10 12:32 PM.
E
E
Pamkillen, some pretty severe accusations you have made re; the Wilsons/Holy Cross School. Can you back these remarks up? Is there more to your theory?

P
P
Well the history is fact.anyone can check the applications made.I am not sure if the actual plan is still posted by the bridge but it seems that the building Dept must have them if you want to look. I might add that in the original plan, the school was also to function as a hurricane shelter. A while ago I decided that donors are responsible for checking where the money goes but anyone who has given significantly should have access to the books so go with your wallet as suggested and ask

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.