Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392787 11/15/10 08:48 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Bravo Motors' staff was on the island this past week to promote their new stock of GEM (Global Electric Motorcars) vehicles. The eco-friendly vehicles are low-maintenance, with an Aluminium chassis, while remaining functional and stylish.
Passersby applauded the efforts of Bravo Motors with the GEM vehicles.

The San Pedro Sun staff was invited to take a spin with the vehicle around the island. We must say, it was a super quiet and smooth ride. The seat belts were also a great touch for safety.

Bravo Motors is located in Belize City at 4 1/2 miles Western Highway. Call them at telephone 222-4990 or email them at [email protected] or visit their website at www.bravomotors.bz
So what's the price tag?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
How do they handle the speed bumps?...Like the wide ones near Island Market...And the dirt roads....Can they take all the uneven grading...??? It would be great if we could get a smoother ride.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
S
S
RU kidding? At least the speed bumps help keep the crazy taxicabs from killing young children or animals - good grief slow down already!!!!

Last edited by SnoopysMom; 11/16/10 03:06 AM.
Snoopys Mom
You need to clean out your private message box. I was wondering who your message was intended for?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
My point is that we need the speed bumps at the very least to keep the ever increasing cars (especially the taxicabs) on the island from speeding.

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
So what's the price tag?

$50,000. Their sales rep came in the cafe and I sat and talked with her for a while as she waited for her boat.

I know that a Polaris Ranger 4 seater is about the same price and rides just as smooth, its definitely not as quiet, but Im not sure which is less harmful to the environment. Yes, its not electric, but that doesnt mean its not "greener". If I have understood my conversations with others correctly, most of our electricity comes from Mexico. Thus, you would have to figure out the carbon footprint or just the overall negative effects that are created by the factory that produces the electricity that you're using to re-charge your GEM or electric cart. Plus the costs of electricity is outrageous here, so that needs to be figured in as well. Although, if you're buying a $50k Hover-round, then I guess your electric bill is probably not a big deal.

The next year model is going to be equipped with a solar panel roof that will recharge the batteries while running or parked though....so now we're getting somewhere. I would have to say that those will be undoubtedly greener than almost any motorized vehicle on this island.

Very cool looking cars though and a MUCH smoother ride than any golf cart on this island. I think everything here should be electric...the amount of carbon monoxide that we all inhale in a day of walking around town is probably sickening...literally.

PJ
JZB Offline
PJ, you can seriously be suggesting that Polaris is just as enviornmentaly friendly as an electric cart??

Haha....yup. Polaris....saving the earth one noisy vehicle at a time. smile

Not suggesting that at all. Im just saying that the versatility for the price is something to be considered. And youd be surprised how UN-green electric items can be when you consider where the electricity is made and how much damage is done per KWH that is produced by the production facilities. My wife has taught environmental science for a good while now and the statistics are staggering. Thats why I said that the solar panels will truly make it something to be considered and a viable option both in regards to it being greener and a cost saver (since electricity is ungodly expensive here).

Last edited by P.J.; 11/16/10 09:16 AM.

PJ
Gosh...Forgive me SnoopysMom......I did not mean for anyone to think I am Anti-speed bump......Sorry about that....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.