Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Elbert is right!
WARNING - When they tell you the dollar amount and you ask "US of Belize?" guess what their answer is going to be? Yep - they will say US since you obviously don't know. It took me several times before I caught on.
So, in Belize dollars and with gas at almost $10 BZ I too wonder how they make ends meet. Oh - Duh - silly me - side lines!

I have wondered that many times as well.
With Coastal Express, what exactly IS the charge from lets say....CocoBeach to Ruby's pier in town? In BZ $ of course.

And more importantly, what about short trips, just part of the way...say CocoBeach to the Palapa Bar? I have been charged MANY different fares. Is it whatever they feel like at the time?

DC

L
L
I always pay between $5-$7 BELIZE dollars. This is way more expensive compared to other parts of the country where charges are often $2 no matter where ur going or how far. Therefore the taxis are kept busy as most of the locals can afford to use them. I get around a lot actually which is a far cry from most ex-pats who come to the island and never explore the mainland, what a shame that is. I also do realise that everything is cheaper on the mainland but more than double the cost for cabs, thats ridiculous. And comparing prices to other parts of the world is a bit unrealistic if you are earning belize money.

L
L
Although of course for a tourist i guess the cabs will be quite affordable.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.