Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Put a Toll Gate on your land.

B
B
Originally Posted by Inplub
Just to make a point about the bridge I believe it was made in England and when I first saw the bridge it looked just like a Tank Bridge we used in the Army. They look weak but can take 56 ton.

I agree that the superstructure is substantial but the grating is not and has deteriorated to a point where they will soon be unsafe.
The trucks bent them to a point where they fell out. I will get some photos. The psi (point load) of a loaded dump truck is at least 10 times more than that of a tank.

E
E
Has anybody thought for a moment that soon it won't be just taxis that will be using that road but all those people that bought property ,1200 lots at GBE,there will be a lot of people that will be driving back and forth. There is also Colonia San Diego 1 and 2 that will be using that area as well.The population of this island is one the fastest growing in this country,so our leaders better come up with the master plan on what is the best way for this island to grow. Over 3000 acres of land on North Ambergris that was sold to the Koreans By the past administration , PUP,this group is ready to present their EIA to the public and to think that taxis is going to be the only thing that will be using this area. We all need to join hands to ensure that this island grows in sustainable manner. We all should keep our eyes and ears open because more stuff is coming stay tuned....

Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
Originally Posted by Inplub
Just to make a point about the bridge I believe it was made in England and when I first saw the bridge it looked just like a Tank Bridge we used in the Army. They look weak but can take 56 ton.

I agree that the superstructure is substantial but the grating is not and has deteriorated to a point where they will soon be unsafe.
The trucks bent them to a point where they fell out. I will get some photos. The psi (point load) of a loaded dump truck is at least 10 times more than that of a tank.

Hmmmm, that makes me wonder if a loaded golf cart would be safe on the bridge with "bent grates that are falling out".

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
B
B
Hi Al,
If you drive on one side or the other the weight is at the edges of the grates--the strongest point. The trucks and taxis strattle the center and put the weight in the center of the grates--the weakest point.
I think we will always have one side or the other to navigate.
If a few grates fall into the sea then that will stop the trucks and taxi's anyways ;-)

Sounds like the SEALS need to show up and return it to the pull barge days.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
M
M
I have discovered that the taxis are only allowed as far as Las Tarazzas. Have no idea what that survey map looks like.
As far as what can be done, a lawyer can apply to the supreme court for a "Writ Of Mandamus". If granted and it should be they would be enjoined from allowing vehicles to pass North of the bridge as per the existing law, road or no.

Out of curiosity, how much are the cabs charging to go from downtown to Las Tarazzas? Just wondering how much actual demand there is to use them from that far North.

A
A
Maybe instead of just talking we should put our Money where our Mouth is. Mike Campbell seems to know something about law. Lets put some money up and get an attorney. Find out what can be done and quit just bitching. Who wants to be in charge?
Mike???

B
B
AT602--that's is my motivation behind all this drabble--be reminded that some of the larger more afluent resorts are behind all of this. The largest of which has yet to 'rear it's ugly head'--so to speak. Let the games begin.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.