Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
D
DJH Offline
D
I have been a little worried after reading all of the post here. My husband and I have rented a place form an owner for 3 months which I think means we will not have any problems since it is not a time share. I have walked past the place a lot of times and always thought they looked nice. Never been in the bar or resturant. So I am glad to see things are looking better.

Denise

If people paid money for something and have a contract stating what they are entitled to and are not getting what they feel they paid for, then they are certainly entitled to recourse thru the courts.
Can anyone explain how the Belize Time Share Law effects this or why it does not apply if that is the case?
Also doggirl: if your sole concern is for the employees and don't care that others might have been taken advantage of, then having those unhappy people resolve their problems and come to Belize to spend their money would be good for the employees.

Last edited by bywarren; 08/23/11 08:41 AM.
D
D
The point was, at the first signs of any trouble is, who do I sue, how do I sue. The great American way.

Just forget it.

It appears from the posts that many of them have tried to reslove the issues thru contact with responsible individuals and have not received any reply. If that is the case, then court action would seem to be their last resort - not the first.
And,I doubt if most people who invested money would want to "just forget it".

Last edited by bywarren; 08/23/11 09:08 AM.
D
D
As far as contracts, they are as worthless as the paper they are printed on. It is total discretion of the judge depending on who gave him the most money. Buyer beware.

Well folks, there you have it. An opinion of the Belize legal system and legal advice from a three time visitor. smirk

doggirl, you don't say whether you are an investor or a visitor who has had pretty decent luck with her accomodations at RV. I believe if you were an investor, and there is that chance you could lose all of the money you have invested, you wouldn't be willing to "just forget it" and toss the useless paper into the trash.
If you invested, because you love SP and want to return time and time again, and the $$ you invested has created a void, with no hope of filling that void with either use of a unit, or return on your money, I think you would be as concerned as the rest.
If you are a visitor who has had good accomodations, congratulations...you are in the group we hope will return again and again, and help the owners pay the employees what they work so hard for.
I hope you are the visitor, and continue to have good experiences.
If you are an investor, I hope you see the light before you lose everything invested and "just forget it". If you "just forget it" I hope you can afford it.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
D
D
Hi all,
just a little update on what is transpiring. 2 weeks ago Jeff Pierce was served with a class action lawsuit with approximately 43 claimants with more asking to join after the fact. The first court hearing is scheduled for Oct7 this year.This does nothing really for you timeshare owners but just an update. Mr. Pierce as not continued any work on any buildings including those designated as "timeshare" buildings.

There is a large movement starting among owners to file fraud charges both in the US and in Belize.timeshare owners will be able to participate in this if they so choose. As soon as the information is available on how to proceed I will post it here. There are at last look in excess of 20 owners who are going to participate. It is time to hold this person acountable for the lies,threats, thefts and outright fraud he has perpetrated on both owners and timeshare owners alike.

D
D
Hi Denise
If you have rented from a private owner you should be fine. I don't know which unit you rented but generally the owners are all good people and try to take care of their units. The HOC has taken control of the resort and all is working well. enjoy your stay. When are you moving in, we might cross paths

B
B
Well...you know what they say..."what goes around comes around" and "karma's a bitch".

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.