Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
You wouldn't be able to do all of those in one day, you could however split up the tours into different days. The Mayan Ruins aren't right next to Belize City as well as the Cave Tubing.

J
OP Offline
J
Traveling back and forth by plane would get expensive. I guess its that or stay on the mainland a couple days.

I have a different recommendation - stay in San Pedro and take day-tours from island tour operators - they can get you to Mayan ruins, zoo, cave tubing - in the company of good folks, in comfort and without you having to learn a host of new schedules and stuff while you are on holiday!

Thanks for your service - and stay safe til you get your toes in the sand in paradise.

R & R is us out here .......

A big thank you to US servicemen! Your dedication and service to our home country (no matter how much we love Belize) is much appreciated!

I'll second what Diane has to say. As long as you're only planning a few mainland trips, just get to San Pedro. You can schedule day trips to the mainland from there. Yes, it may end up being a little more expensive per excursion given the travel from SP but there's absolutely no hassle. Most hotels (I think) can arrange the tours for you. Most of the tours will pick you up by boat at your hotel's dock. A couple may require you to fly to BZE. I know the Tikal, Guatemala requires this but don't know of what others.

There are many diveshops to choose from. I haven't heard anything bad about any of them, but then again I only get down once every few years.

As far as which mainland excursions to go on here are my suggestions:

Lamanai Ruins - fun boat ride to Bomba, bus to another river, then boat to the ruins. One of my favorite mainland tours.

I think you can get a package tour of a couple of things in one trip. For example, you can likely go to the zoo and Altun Ha in one trip. Or maybe cave tubing and the zoo. These package tours are available for the items relatively close to Belize City. Lamani is a full day all to itself.

Take an all day Tourneffe or Half-Moon Caye dive excursion. Some of the best dives you'll ever go on, and Half-Moon Caye is beautiful.

A fun snorkel or beginner dive excursion is the Hol Chan Cut with a stop for snorkeling at Shark/Ray Alley.

Just bring US$. Everyone accepts them. They'll give you Belize $ as change. Pay attention to the price you're paying, whether its US or Belize $.

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for the help!

J
OP Offline
J
Made it back home and I am SO looking forward to this trip! After 30+ hours of travel I am not thrilled about getting on a plane again but what awaits us is going to be worth it I'm sure!

J
OP Offline
J
Well we made it here on Friday and have had the most awesome time! SO laid back here! Dove with Robbie and Jacks. Big Sexy was our dive master. Made the whole experience relaxed and fun. This was my 1st ocean dive. It was so worth it to get certified!

We snorkled with Mitch today at shark ray alley and Hol Chan today. Cant remember the business name on the boat. It was awesome! Too many fish to name here.

Doing the Lamanai tour tomorrow. We decided to stay on A.C. and do our tours from here. Thanks for all the good advice on here guys! I love it here!

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Glad to be able to help you out and I'm happy that you're having a really good time

Glad you are having a good time on our little island! We are doing Lamanai in January. Have fun!

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.