Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Police on Ambergris Caye are investigating an accident which occurred around 5PM at the corner of Pescador Drive and Ambergris Street and left one individual seriously injured. The injured person has been identified as Emmanuel Chi of a San Pedro Town Address. The accident involves a Yamaha YBR 125 with license plate SPM0446, driven at the time by 28 year old Mardoqueo Canto and a taxi van bearing the license plate D-0183, driven at the time by Jesus Wiltshire.

San Pedro Sun

==================
[Linked Image]
According to eye witnesses, taxi driver Jesus Wiltshire was backing up from Ambergris Street and cutting through Pescador Drive from Martha's Hotel to Elvi's Kitchen. A golf cart on Pescador Drive stopped and gave Wiltshire the right of passage, but an oncoming motorcyclist behind the golf cart did not heed to the situation in front of him. The motorcycle then struck the taxi on the front driver's side and ended up partially underneath the front bumper of the taxi.

Ambergris Today

I hope the cyclist was wearing a helmet. I have had many near misses with them. Because they are small and low to the ground, they can't always see what's ahead, and are more likely to "go around", "cut through", or pass what is in front of them. Sad.

Change your Latitude
I read elsewhere that the driver of the motorcycle was wearing a helmet and was ok, but that his passenger was not and was much more seriously injured. frown

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com

I read the article it is alleged that one was intoxicated
THIS THE SEASON TO DRINK LOTS AND ACT SILLY .LOL.
Hope all turns out well.

Living The Dream Every Day!
BeBelize is correct. One of our guests was in the golf cart that stopped, and the cyclist went right around him. He said that the driver was wearing a helmet, but the passenger who seemed to be seriously injured, was not. Yet another reason why the new law requiring "drivers" to wear helmets is not sufficient. I have seen men driving with helmets and their wives and small children as passengers who are not. This should be rectified.

I can't tell you the number of times I have almost hit motorcycles as they try to pass on the wrong side after I have put my arm out to turn.

Change your Latitude

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.