Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Day 7 Beautiful day for a bike ride, so we borrowed bikes again and started riding south toward George's Kitchen for breakfast. I had the huevos rancheros, bacon and toast. It was wonderful! We rode around town for a while then decided to go back to the condo to cool off.

We usually walk quite a ways south, but had not this time so off we went. About 2 miles later, we turned around. REALLY tired, hot and hungry, we decided to try the whole fish at Caramba! We started with conch fingers and rum punch, followed by breaded whole fish, fries and coleslaw. Amazing!!! We really love this place.

Because it was quite hot, we headed over toward the beach to get the breeze and came upon a young man doing a rum tasting of local rums in front of a very nice liquor/wine store on Front Street. The local rums are very smooth and have that vanilla/caramel flavor inlove so much. As usual, DH and I disagreed on which one we liked the best, so we're buying both in the duty free store tomorrow in the airport in Belize City.

Wondering in and out of several stores, we decided to go back to the condo and stay in tonight and enjoy our last evening in Belize by ourselves. Right now, we are in shady beach chairs, wind blowing softly, reading, chatting, enjoying watching the people walking on the beach and the ocean. I truly love this place and how I become my true, relaxed self here.

L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Day 8 To borrow the lyrics from another JJW song:

We've been here for a week or so,
Now it's finally time to go,
Can't believe how quickly time has flown,

Packin' up the bathin' suits,
Getting out the cowboy boots,
That's a sign we must be going home.

Today is the last day of our wonderful trip. �We've packed, stored our bags, checked out, and have a couple of hours to kill so we're going to go eat, take one last walk on the beach, and get on our Tropic Air flight. �I really can't believe how this week has flown. �Below is a description of our accommodations for the week:

The Palms, next door to Ramone's, is our preferred place to stay because of their great location and service. �We stayed in #23 this time, but have stayed in most units and still prefer #22. �Both are one bedroom, one bathroom, but #23 has an extra twin bed in a closet sized room just off the bathroom. �Great kitchen with all dishes and cookware, comfortable living and dining room, and a fantastic veranda that is literally steps from the ocean, this condo complex is amazing. �The groundskeeper keeps everything immaculate, including the small pool area and the housekeeping staff does a tremendous job tidying up every day, which is not usual in some of our other condo rentals.

The office staff will, literally, provide just about anything you need during your stay. �From free bicycles, �movies, bottled water, to stocking your refrigerator, to booking delivered golf carts, to booking flights, to finding and delivering lost luggage, to booking excursions, and on and on, they are totally service oriented. �I take my hat off to all who are associated with this fine property.

L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Our layover in Belize City was long, but fun. We visited with lots of people, shopped a little, and ate a hotdog at Jets. AA flight to Dallas was uneventful. Be sure to remember to leave space in your checked luggage for any liquid purchases, which may be put in after receiving your bags and rechecking them. I forgot one item, which was noticed by security. He suggested I go back to the AA ticket counter and box it up and check it. Worked like a charm. To my amazement, it was with our bags in Tulsa. Long drive home, but with Fine Parking drinks and snacks we made it safely.

Glad to be home, but we miss our little island paradise.

Great trip report! Sadly, our life schedule will likely never allow us a January visit, so the JJW experience will remain forever out of reach. However, we've been listening to his Belize songs almost daily for a month now, anticipating our April trip. We never find the time to do a trip report, though. We sail almost daily, the way many people fish, snorkel, or dive, so we're equally tired at the end of the day. Maybe one day we'll find the energy to do a trip report, but don't count on it. We're way too busy having so much fun!

L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks...glad you enjoyed mine. Concerning trip reports, I have two reasons for doing such detailed trip reports. The first is for first timers who, like me, want to know a bit about a place before visiting so as to not spend precious vacation time trying to figure out the lay of the land. The second is for me. I print these reports and file for future reference. Just this week, DH asked me questions about a recent trip to Hawaii so I pulled out that trip report, we read it together, and felt like we were back on island again. Very enjoyable during the cold, damp winters in Oklahoma:)

J
J
Thanks so much for the amazing trip report! We are first timers heading down for 10 days in April. We are staying at the Palms as well, and so far they have been so helpful. Your tips are fantastic, and I will be printing your report to bring with us. Thanks for taking the time!!

L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So happy you have found my report helpful. Have a blast in our little piece of heaven.

Jet at BZE is for sure the coolist dude. Hot dogs IMHO are a bit over rated but the rum punches are exellant. And watching Jet flirt with the leggy split-tails make me want to be so bold.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

L
lakerat Offline OP
OP Offline
L
He is something....and flirts with 50-somethings as well. Good to know he doesn't discriminate wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.