Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#431120 02/22/12 03:10 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi - my husband and I are coming to San Pedro shortly (10 sleeps but who's counting)? I have been trying to find out online if we can exchange canadian travellers cheques at the local bank - can anyone help? Thanks so much,

Scotia Bank MAY do it. You would be better off bringing US cash to exchange and/or using your US cash here, or exchanging it with a bank. I do not bank at Scotia, but someone else on here may be better able to tell you about the Traveler's Cheques.

Change your Latitude
G
G
I would suggest bringing US cash as well. Easiest to get exchanged or use on street.

Hon Offline
In a word, yes...but the bank will exchange your Canadian dollars to American dollars at an unfavourable exchange rate plus commission before they exchange into Belize dollars, once again at an unfavourable rate plus commission.
If you insist on using travelers cheques, get them in US dollars and most likely you'll be able to cash them when you make purchases.
That said, my advice as a fellow Canadian is, get enough US cash to get through the first day and then use the many ATMs as needed.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Years ago, I brought Canadian thinking it would be an easy swap because it (Belize) was a commonwealth country. What a mess that was. Finally got it swaped at the bank on front near Phoenix. But it did cost.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
OP Offline
S
thanks so much for the advice everyone - can't wait to get there!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.